add to cart from outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add to cart from outside

I have add to cart buttons on my extended info pages. However after incorporating some 'choices' on some of my products I was just wondering if anyone has found out how to pass the drop down list value when using the
    method from page p82 of the AUG. It does reference my problem however upon scanning the code of my product page I cannot seem to find the hidden fields it mentions and in order to pass the parameters into the perl script I need to know how it works.

Anyone managed this yet?

Cheers
    M

Look at a normal product page and see the name of the SELECT tag and the value of the OPTION statements that go with it.

You can then simulate the same thing in your URL's by adding

&<selectname>=<optionvalue>

e.g.

&v_123_1=2

Where the product ref is 123, it's the 1st Attribute and we're selecting the 2nd Choice.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Brilliant, cheers for that

Comment

Been a couple of months since I looked at this anyway. I've tried ideas posted by Norman. They do work (in the sense that I can post the option value through if its hardcoded) ie &v_123_1=2

However as we have a drop down box ON our extended info page I need the option value to change as the user selects there value from the drop down menu.

As it stands I have it working (kind of) as i'm using "v_ProductID_1= ??"

I'm guessing I need an Actinic variable that will grab the value of the drop down box on submit, and in order to do this i'm guessing I need to set up a 'hidden' field that will get the value onsubmit. In the current fashion (appending onto the form action string) its going to be a hardcoded value whatever the user selects.

Its probably really obvious, and i'm being a bit dense but either way can someone just point me in the right direction

Cheers in advance

M

Comment

Actinic will do all this for you. Just choose Includes Add to Cart Button as your Extended Info Page Design (via Extended Info tab / Product).
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X