Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Component Options, two selections - can you default second to value of first.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Options, two selections - can you default second to value of first.

Hi,

We keep stock based on individual components that make up a product,rather than the whole product itself.

To make the stock control correct we have to have two options, but those two options have fields that are essentially asking for the same selection.

Is is possible to link two fields together so that if option 1, size is selected, then option 2, size would automatically default to the same. I also need this to be the same for the colour option.

Some of the products are a little more complicated and would require some hard coding if selection colour x = then change value to 'x1' because the matching combination on those colours is not 100% the same text in both components. In this sense I guess I would have to have different layouts for those products that allowed for the two types of defaults.

I do know some basic html, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do this, are there any programmers out there who would know how to do this that I can talk to and get some idea of cost.

Thanks
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

HI Denise,

Is is possible to link two fields together so that if option 1, size is selected, then option 2, size would automatically default to the same. I also need this to be the same for the colour option.
    I'm afraid I can't see a way of doing this. If you want your second option to change depending on what you choose on the first option, the page would have to reload. Actinic can’t do that for product pages because it just uses standard static HTML pages.

Sorry about that.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

concept:
      HTML Code:
      <p>
        <select id="first" name="first" onchange="document.getElementById('second').value=document.getElementById('first').value">
          <option value="1">1</option>
          <option value="2">2</option>
          <option value="3">3</option>
        </select>
      </p>
      <p>
        <select id="second" name="second" onchange="document.getElementById('first').value=document.getElementById('second').value">
          <option value="1">1</option>
          <option value="2">2</option>
          <option value="3">3</option>
        </select>
      </p>

Comment

Thank you so much

Thanks, I will try this... thankyou
        Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Working...
        X