"return to product" button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wfl
    I didn't bother with a separate button I just copied the breadcrumb from INNERLAYOUT to the top of the page with the product ref/description on the line above
    yes...that's something I've done too...I just wasn't sure that, in my case, it was consipicuous/intuitive enough for a visitor who had just arrived at the website via the extended info page.
    Tracey

Comment

Tracey,
      I'm sure some clever javascript bunny could write a little javascript method that checks to see if the page has been opened by a parent window or not and display the "close this window" OR "click here for product listing" accordingly?

just a thought.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
        Tracey,
        I'm sure some clever javascript bunny could write a little javascript method that checks to see if the page has been opened by a parent window or not and display the "close this window" OR "click here for product listing" accordingly?

just a thought.
        actually, the link underneath my "return to product listing" does a similar thing... closing the pop up, if it is one...or, alternatively, if it's been "landed on" as a main page, acting as a browser "back" link

So yes, I'm sure it would be possible...then it could either close the window OR link to the listings page and I could lose one of the links!

actually...I'm sure I can do that myself...

let's see, shall we?
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
          consipicuous/intuitive enough for a visitor
          Wow! That's asking a lot of your actual real life surfer

Comment

Originally posted by wfl
            Wow! That's asking a lot of your actual real life surfer
            you've obviously not dealt with many of "my kind" of customers
            Tracey

Comment

you've obviously not dealt with many of "my kind" of customers
              Nope. We believe the future is going to be an interactive screen that we can leap out of, grab 'em by the scruff of the neck and personally lead them to the page they want

Comment

actually, the link underneath my "return to product listing" does a similar thing... closing the pop up, if it is one...or, alternatively, if it's been "landed on" as a main page, acting as a browser "back" link

So yes, I'm sure it would be possible...then it could either close the window OR link to the listings page and I could lose one of the links!

actually...I'm sure I can do that myself...

let's see, shall we?
                right...so close...but so far

I got it to work in IE...but it doesn't work in FF (and I'm used to stuff happening the other way around!)

I'll leave it "as is" for now (other things to do)..no doubt I'll confront it again soon
                Tracey

Comment

Looking at my bread crumb problem it looks as if the trail always uses the path to a duplicate item if one exists. Perhaps this is something to do with the way the data is ordered or indexed.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comment

Originally posted by wfl
                    Looking at my bread crumb problem it looks as if the trail always uses the path to a duplicate item if one exists. Perhaps this is something to do with the way the data is ordered or indexed.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
                    Mine don't do this.
                    THIS is an original

THIS is a duplicate

as is THIS

Are you extended info pages unique for each duplicate?
                    That's the only reason I can think that a genuine duplicate extended info wouldn't show the right breadcrumb trial
                    Tracey

Comment

Just a little note to say thanks to all on this thread - top tips and gave me some instant answers and ideas. Customers can now navigate our site from extended info pages that they find by seo! Well worth the mornings forum search and playing. Cheers D
                      Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                        Have you tried
                        Code:
                        <a href="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />#<actinic:variable name="EncodedProductAnchor" />">Click</a>
                        It works fine on Catalog Sites. Not sure about Business logged-in pages as I've not tested it on that.

Well done Norman!
                        Succinct and accurate, as always.

Precisely what I was looking for.

As usual, telephone support had no idea .....

Many thanks
                        Kind Regards
                        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                        X