• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure navigation bar

Hi,

I am currently working on a site:

http://www.mile-high.co.uk/index.html

It's still in a raw format but I have deleted the brochure navigation bar from the left underneath the "products" navigation bar.

I can't for the life of me get it back to how it was before - It looked exactly the same as the products navigation bar but had links for "home" and "more pages" in it.

Can anyone help ?

Do you have a previous snapshot? if you import that it will re-appear. If not then you might want to start thinking about taking snapshots before you start making changes. It gives you a free and easy way to get back to where you was. There is a tutorial on my site explaining about snapshots.

You could also try a database restore if you have backed up recently or you could reset the layouts that have changed back to factory defaults in the design library. (checkbox will show you what has changed on the layout tab)

Hopefully you are wise enough to have been taking backups as you build so have an easy return to as it was. If not, then you should certainly start doing so.

Comment

I do not have a snapshot from when it was there no (I know I should have!)

It was the default layout brochure menu that I want back, just can't get it back !

Comment

In to the design library looking for amended layouts then i guess and reverting any applicable changed ones back to factory settings. I guess you could say you have just learnt the most valuable things you could ever learn with actinic, which is the same principle as anything computer related, protect your data and time, don't wait til the horse has bolted.

If you can recall what you did to remove it, you may be able to reverse the process and 'insert layout' (right click) in the area where it was, it really depends on what you did and your confidence to undo it if you can recall.

Comment

Have you tried going to the design view and entering the variable BrochureNavBar where you want it to appear?

Comment

Yeah I tried this but it will not bring it back as expected - I think I may change the menu anyway so it's not that much of a worry really.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X