Can't change colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change colors

I have a store with white text on a black background. I want to change this so that the background is white and the text black.

So I go into design / themes etc, and make some changes...

And whatever I do, I can't get the color changes to apply. I've tried changing themes completely. I've tried changing the color scheme, I've tried the advanced themes configuration. Seems I can have any color I like as long as it's black.

Any ideas?

This may help you...

Using Firefox install the Firebug add-in. Do a page preview in Actinic. Cut and paste the link generated into Firefox, press F12 to launch the Firebug add-in and then select Inspect. Click on the text that you want to change in the Firefox browser window and you will then see the css styles applied to it.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
      This may help you...

Using Firefox install the Firebug add-in. Do a page preview in Actinic. Cut and paste the link generated into Firefox, press F12 to launch the Firebug add-in and then select Inspect. Click on the text that you want to change in the Firefox browser window and you will then see the css styles applied to it.
      OK. I did that. This points me to the actinic.css file in /site1/PreviewHTML. I assume that this file is generated by Actinic when you press the preview button. I also assume that it's generated from the \site1\actinic.css.

So, I meddled with \site1\actinic.css. This has a section:

/*body specific*/
      body{
      background-color: NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS;
      background-image:url(NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGECSS);
      margin-top...

So I commented out the NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS; and put in a specific colour (#fff.

Bloddy thing still doesn't change. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

The add-in shows you the area to look in the css file. The changes are made inside Actinic - Design View - in the drop down select Actinic Stylesheet - you can then make changes in the code view window.

EDIT - is this a version v7 or v8 site?

EDIT2: The edit you're trying to make - changing the background colour of the body can't be right as this would affect the whole site.

EDIT3: Do you have a URL for this?

Comment

I've found out what was causing this problem, and it leaves me feeling foolish. I'll note it here in case it helps someone else:

The problem was a background image, which was a plain black square. Tiled, this fills the whole design with black, and the image doesn't go away when you change the colour scheme or the theme.

Comment

Working...
          X