Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting a fragment

Hi

How do I insert a fragment. The guide shows me how to create one, which I have done, and I can see it in my Content Tree, but how do I insert it on my web page.

Stapes

Read the starter guide, online help or this.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      It's not in the starter guide.

Comment

Assuming the computer is switched on and Actinic v8 has been started.

1. switch to the "content" tab (this is the far left tab next to "design" and "orders")

2. using the mouse point to where you would like the new fragment to appear in the content list

3. click the right hand mouse button

4. from the menu select the option "new fragment"

5. Actinic will then place the fragment onto the page for you.

6. press the green "upload" button on the tool bar

7. open a web browser

8. find you way to the page on the internet where the fragment was created

9. you will see the fragment on your website with the text you entered (assuming you have not selected the "hide on website" option)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Lee - you tutorial is too complex. You have assumed the reader has Actinic started! You muppet! You may wish to amend your walk through accordingly.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Lee - you tutorial is too complex. You have assumed the reader has Actinic started! You muppet! You may wish to amend your walk through accordingly.
            LOL
            Having a good day, jont?
            Tracey

Comment

Oh aye - fragments with child fragments is a winner.. only to discover that Jan is already selling them and under cutting me bitch

Bikster

Comment

LOL, if you read his other post, he has just condemned himself to the 'please don't help me brigade'. It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                  2. using the mouse point to where you would like the new fragment to appear in the content list

3. click the right hand mouse button
                  Do we need to think about left and right handed mice users here, could be considered as unhelpful if he's left handed?

Comment

Lee - if you turn around to face the other way your left hand is still your left hand. Norman has a plug-in to swap hand as required - I have seen this is use in a variety of real world situations (holding beer whilst grappling with bottoms in pubs still gets a slap in the face) and especially for confusing Masons trying to shake your knuckles.

Bikster

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Good to see you are all having so much fun

Hi

It is comforting to see you all having such a good laugh at my expense. I am a complete newby. Jont - I have done what you said, but it doesn't work. I have already created my fragment - but it is not appearing in the webpage. When I right click in the Layout Code, where I want the fragment to appear, it invites me to Insert a Variable, Layout, Block, Inner Page Layout or Filename, but not a fragment.
                        And where do you tell it to 'Hide on Website'?

Stapes
                        P.S. Sorry if my tone is wrong. I have had three frustrating days of this now with little or no progress.

Comment

Stapes..firstly, if you're adding a fragment, you're adding content..stay out of the design tab.

Work in the "content" tab, have the preview pane visible in there if it helps. (Window> Page Preview)

If you've added the fragment in the content tree and given it some text, click "apply" and it should show in the page preview pane in the position you placed it in the content tree.

You don't need to insert anything anywhere...if it's in the tree, it should be on the page
                          Tracey

Comment

must admit Jont, that does sound very much like my tone was a few months back, however, I too noticed that "Stapes" must be in design mode and not content hence it not displaying the text

This is a sure way of lashing up a site though being in design mode if you are not familiar with V8

Comment

I've got to keep this going, even if just for my own personal amusement, on an otherwise dull rainy day in Scotland.

Have you actually read any of the guides downloadable from the Actinic website? You seem to have no basic knowledge of how Actinic works, which I appreciate might not be your fault, but if you won't help yourself by reading the guides, then we can't really help you either.

Both the posts you have made recently could have been answered comprehensively in 2 lines, if you had a basic understanding of the system.

Download the guide, grab a coffee/beer/ciggy, and take an hour to read it.
                              Cheers

David
                              Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Working...
                              X