Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text menu at foot of page

My site is www.facingthechallenge.org/acatalog/

Directly under the credit card logos which appear on every page, it says (c) 2007 Focus Radio. I know how I put that there, and I know how to change it (footer text).

But at the bottom left of the page, there is a text menu bar. At some point in the distant past (i.e. last year), I customised this to say (c) 2006 Focus Radio. Now, I can't find out how to get rid of it. I've hunted through all the design options, without success.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful.

You have footer text placed with <div> tags just above your </body> tag. Could you not just remove in manually from Design view.

Click to select the whole page and scroll down the page until you find the footer and delete it.

HSH
    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
    Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by OllyBug
      You have footer text placed with <div> tags just above your </body> tag. Could you not just remove in manually from Design view.

HSH
      Yes, I can do this on a page-by-page basis, and there aren't too many pages on the site yet. However, if I do this, won't it just re-appear every time I create a new page?

Comment

If it is removed from the layout it will change on all pages.

If it is not hardcoded into the layout do a search on the text used under Design | Text as it may be coming from the site text option somewhere obscure.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          If it is removed from the layout it will change on all pages.
          OK, well, I tried deleting it from the layout, but it only disappeared from the page I was on at the time. Am I doing something stupid? (There is a high probability of this where Actinic is concerned.)

If it is not hardcoded into the layout do a search on the text used under Design | Text as it may be coming from the site text option somewhere obscure.
          ... and I tried searching for the text in Design | text, but this didn't find it at all, which doesn't make any sense.

Comment

If something is removed from a layout it is removed from all instances of the layout, regardless of where it is appearing on the site, section, page etc. This could suggest other layouts are in place or it is coming from elsewhere.

Unfortunately not able to see the site from where I am at the moment (I have connection issues with some users DNS that won't allow me to view) so not 100% sure where to suggest looking.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It's inside a paragraph, inside a div, right alongside a javascript worldpay cgenerator thingy
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If something is removed from a layout it is removed from all instances of the layout, regardless of where it is appearing on the site, section, page etc. This could suggest other layouts are in place or it is coming from elsewhere.
                Thanks for this. Problem solved,

Comment

Working...
                X