CSS Navigation in Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS Navigation in Actinic

Can anyone help - I'm sure it's straightforward but I can't seem to find an answer.

I'm used to working in Dreamweaver so this Actinic package is a bit of a shock.

Just got V8 Designer this week so am pulling my hair out!

I have created a Side Nav bar in CSS (See attachment) and I want to use this on the left hand nav bar.

I know I can paste the CSS rules into the Actinic Stylesheet, but where do I add the div container and class on the actual page.

And will the page links have to be put in manually or will I leave it to Actinic?

This is a very strange way of working when you're used to Dreamweaver.

Thanks in anticipation.

3Bs

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum!

You don't say whether you have used Dreamweaver on this occasion.

Have you installed the Dreamweaver extension, which is available in the Actinic folders under Extensions - Dreamweaver - Actinic Assistant?

This will give you access to Actinic via the Dreamweaver interface, having registered a design in the first instance.

More of what you want to do will then become apparent to you.

You would need to place your own CSS in the Actinic Site 1 folder, where Actinic would pick it up!

Hope this helps in the first instance.

Regards,

David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

The original layout can be found (as can all layouts) by switching to the design tab - clicking on the existing navigation in the preview pane and navigating to the parent layout using the yellow swirly icon in the code bar .. a couple of clicks will take you to the out layout and you will see a pink layout selector called something like "Top Level Section List" .. or similar depending on what default layout you have in place.

You can populate the navigation automatically but this requires some coding skills. It has been covered on here before and people such as Norman www.drillpine.biz have a plug in to offer the same expanding flyout - well worth the money in saved time and further hair pulling.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X