Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Library Variables

Hi,

I have created a site variable that holds some text. I then add the variable to the template and all works well. If I change/update the text in the variable, the template still shows the old variable value.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Andy

is this just an immediate problem or a lasting one?
    custom variables are fickle things..you might find a compact databases or even a simple restart of Actinic will fix it.
    I have this problem a LOT with "invisible" variables that suddenly reappear when I restart the software
    Tracey

Comment

Unfortunately is a lasting one :-(

I can change the variable text as many times as I want, restart the software and still the value shows the old value on the webpage, although if you look at the variable in the library it shows the new value.

Pulling my hair out :-(

Comment

you say it shows the new value "in the library"...where exactly is your "place of setting" for the variable?
        Are you sure you're changing it in the correct place?
        Tracey

Comment

I am setting it at Site Level. When I first add the variable, let say with the text "hello", throughout the site I can see the text "hello" at the top of every page.

Now I go back into the library and change the text value to "hello there", all pages throughout the site still show "hello".

Cheers
          Andy

Comment

ok..so you're setting it at site level but you're not actually changing it in the "Site options"?

Have you tried changing it in there?
            I assume you've changed it to say "hello there" as the initial value or top level value but it may not have filtered down to the actual site options setting.

Just a thought, as I said, they do seem to be a bit flaky at times.
            Tracey

Comment

Ok you right, changing it in the library doesn't filter down to the site option, how bad is that? At least it is fixed now :-)

I am just doing a load of work with variables and I thought why I was in the library I could also change a value :-) I was wrong :-)

Thanks for you help :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Watt
                Ok you right, changing it in the library doesn't filter down to the site option, how bad is that? At least it is fixed now :-)
                It's not bad at all, by one simple mistake in the library, you could overwrite hours and hours of work your way. If you want to change the global setting, then change the place of setting and then change it back. It will reset for you then.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  It's not bad at all, by one simple mistake in the library, you could overwrite hours and hours of work your way.
                  yes, good point...that doesn't bear thinking about, does it?!
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    It's not bad at all, by one simple mistake in the library, you could overwrite hours and hours of work your way. If
                    or weeks in my case

Comment

Working...
                    X