Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra padding on extended information pages

Hello Everyone!

This one has really got me stumped so hopefully someone can help me out.

The link below is has adult content!

http://www.electrastim.co.uk/acatalo...rterpacks.html

Basically there seems to be extra padding added to the brochure nav bar, nav bar and breadcrumb trail when the user clicks on the more information link.

As both are based on the exact same template I don't understand where this extra padding is coming from.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Cammy.

Hello Again!

I've just noticed that in fact the extended info pages are displaying correctly, it is the rest of the pages which aren't.

Also this problem only seems to occur when the site is uploaded. It is not apparent in the actinic preview pane, nor when the website is viewed on the offline preview.

Comment

Can you provide links showing the difference, all looks the same to me.

Comment

Ok here is an example:

http://www.electrastim.co.uk/acatalog/info_Em32_E.html

This extended information page is displaying correctly.

If you then click on the electrosex starter packs link on the breadcrumb trail you will notice that all the horizontal menus shift slightly to the right, also the Go button on the search box drops a couple of pixels down.

The difference is more apparent if you use the browser back and forwards buttons.

I can't figure this out as they are both based on the same template and are displaying correctly locally :-(

Comment

Sorry no solution but I did notice this...

There are differences in the layouts. For example on the Starter Packs page the search input is:
          Code:
          <input id="{02525C41-046F-4DE8-BBC7-63907583FAC9}" class="actxxsmall" type="text" onfocus="this.value='';" value="Quick Search" size="15" name="SS"/>
          yet on the extended info page the search input is:
          Code:
          <input class="actxxsmall" type="text" onfocus="this.value='';" value="Quick Search" size="15" name="SS" id="{A2ABE754-5476-45BB-8DB1-BDC8B77D11F7}"/>
          I notice that you also get a different effect between the pages in IE7 than in FF.

Comment

Just thought I'd post again incase anyone else comes across this problem.

It was a problem with actinic compacting the html on upload. Go to design - design options and uncheck compact html/cgi.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy
              ... design options and uncheck compact html/cgi.
              Just a thought. Is this how I should go about achieving what is detailed in this post ?

Originally posted by Orchid
              Update to the original problem - I've done some further testing. What Google's Site Related Keyword algorithm actually does when it hits a tag it doesn't understand is skip the line. As Actinic produces compacted code this means the whole page is skipped.

Hence by not compacting the page you can get Google to parse the page and pull out the keywords.

If you do a lot of adword campaigns this will save you money by increasing your Quality Score.
              "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Yes that's what Orchid was referring to.

Comment

That's interesting to know too. The question I now if is why does Actinic compact the code? I know it is meant to take longer to upload when the code isn't compacted, but are there other benefits?

Cammy.

Comment

Working...
                  X