boxed products & related products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boxed products & related products

Hi still on the 30 day trial, and been searching the knowledge base and forums but can't find what I'm looking for.

1 How can I have the related products just in the pop-up page and not in the product listing?

1 How do I get my products to sit in boxes? Done it in section lists by changing section list layout to "section link within a box" but can't see how it works for the products.

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by paulie555
    Hi still on the 30 day trial, and been searching the knowledge base and forums but can't find what I'm looking for.

1 How can I have the related products just in the pop-up page and not in the product listing?

1 How do I get my products to sit in boxes? Done it in section lists by changing section list layout to "section link within a box" but can't see how it works for the products.

thanks in advance.
    1. You'd select the related products area in design view and notice how it is included, i would then comment it out in that layout and then you need to copy/paste it into your desired area.

1. (only 2 numbers to do, how did you mess up?) When you say in boxes do you mean you want the whole product to be in a box or certain parts of it. There are a number of options here, but you need to take the time to explain better, otherwise you only spend that time saying "no, that's not what i want" and all that does is waste all of our times. It sounds on the surface like wrapping the product layout in a <div> with a border added might be your answer.

Comment

Thanks Lee

I mean the whole product in a box (or border) in the product listings.

chhers

Comment

Try this for starters then and see how it goes first, it can be fine tuned easily and setup better once you get what you want. Find out which product layout you are using and then open that layout from within the design-library. You should then be presented with a load of html amongst other things. At the very top of the code place this:

<div style="border: 2px solid #FF0000; padding: 10px;">

and then at the very bottom, place this:

</div>

Click apply and then see what happens. We can use inline styles to get it designed for you and then improve this by adding the styles into the stylesheet when finished. See how that looks and perhaps provide a URL for us to see and for you to tell us what you want changed.

Comment

Thanks Lee, just the job.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            We can use inline styles to get it designed for you and then improve this by adding the styles into the stylesheet when finished.
            Aye - never use inline styles - always keep them separate to ease future editing and compatibility.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X