Drop Down Box 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop Down Box 2

I have a drop down box for quantity selection in my product pages as I only wish to sell a particular productin in batches of 15 or 30.

I have added a variable to the product so that I can turn this option on or off and have amended the relevant product layour as necessary with a block if statement to turn the drop down box on / off.

However, when I go into the shopping cart, this is then converted back to a standard entry box where any value can be entered.

Does anyone know how I can change the quantity entry box in the checkout to match the one in the product.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Julian

I think this was asked a day or two ago and as far as I am aware, this cannot be done.

I have the drop down boxes running on my site and have never had someone try and change the qty's in the cart. If I ever do, I will just drop them an email asking them very nicely to wake the F up. To be honest, I think customers get the idea when they add the product to their cart.

But I understand your fear.

Maybe you could place a MOQ message just below the drop down box in very small italics or similar.

Something along the lines of, "Must be purchased in multiples of 15."
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

I have added a variable to the product
      If you check the "Upload" option on this variable it will be available to the Perl scripts. You could patch ActinicOrder.pm so that the Quantity becomes non-editable if this variable is set. This is a bit tricky and I'd only recommend it if you really need this capability.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Here's how. This assumes you have a product level variable called FixedQuantity of type True / False with Upload option set. Also set Initial Value to Use Parent and Top Level Value to False.

Edit ActinicOrder.pm (in your Site folder - back it up first) and look for
        Code:
        		if ($$pProduct{"MIN_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} != $$pProduct{"MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"}	&& # The quantity might change
        replace with
        Code:
        		if ($$pProduct{"MIN_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} != $$pProduct{"MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} && (! $$pProduct{"CUSTOMVARS"}{'FixedQuantity'}) && # The quantity might change

Comment

Norman, your a genius.

I couldnt get this to work for love nor money.

I wrote a similar script yesterday, but when I tried it, it didnt work, the problem was that I hadn't clicked upload in the variable so the perl script couldnt read the variable.

I dont suppose you have a magic trick to change the quantity box to a drop down box as well do you - I couldnt figure this one out.

Thanks again for all your help.

Julian

Comment

change the quantity box to a drop down box as well
            Not sure where you mean?

Comment

Working...
            X