Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background Image in Header

Hello All,
    I have recently purchased Actinic v8 and i must admit that i am a novice with this software.

What i would like to know is, how to add a background image into the Header.
    If anyone would mind taking the time and effort to explain this in step by step instructions i would be very grateful.
    Many thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Alan, if you know nothing on this subject at all, you might find that a step-by-step instruction is a little too much to ask from a voluntary forum as it would take quite some time to write out. If nobody jumps in, have a look through the hundreds of CSS tutorials already on the web, paying particular attention to how a 'background-image' is added.

If you get stuck trying one of the tutorials, explain and show to us what you have done and we will help correct it for you. In the actinic CSS towards the top you can also see how background image code is added to a CSS file.

Backup before you try anything.

Comment

For this and practically ALL questions you will every need to know the answer to regarding how to code HTML and CSS check out.

W3 Schools
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Now who didn't see that coming

Just for fun, we were running some bets here in the office on who'd shoot first Lee or Mal.

500 bucks split three ways. Not bad for a Thursday
        "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

who won then, i want my cut?

Comment

All winnings are only redeemable in pints.

Let me know when you'll be in SA and we'll attack the taps at the Brazen Head.
            "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Problem Solved...I THINK.

Problem Solved.... i think.
              I have some knowledge of html, its just actinic i'm not used to.

I put the following code into Actinic Stylesheet and it seems to have given me the result i was looking for.
              Was this right?

.page_header_content {
              width: 760px;
              text-align: left;
              height: 190px;
              background-image: url('images2/front.jpg');
              }

Comment

Your coding looks good Alan, you may want to set the 'repeat' rules also, however you can often get away without this if your image is same height/width etc.

Main thing you want to check is how it looks in IE6/IE7 and FF2. If it looks OK in those 3 then job done, nice one.

Comment

yep that's perfect.

Inorder to let us be a bit more helpful in future (sorry we weren't this time)

You need to be clearer in what you ask us... the question was too broad. For example better questions would have been:

How do I change styles in actinic.
                  To which the answer would have been - click on the design tab, and select Actinic Style Sheet from the drop down.

Or if you already knew this:

Which style in the Actinic Style sheet affects the background image of the header area in "such and such" a theme.

If the question is too broad we don't know where to start.
                  Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Let me know when you'll be in SA
                    I'll be in Durbs in January, i am sure Lee will let me have his pint

Comment

Originally posted by Orchid
                      yep that's perfect.
                      Not entirely - unless you want to maintain the images outside of Actinic control. If you don't probably best to keep any CSS images in the root of the site1 folder and have Actinic handle all the uploads.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                      X