Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting "add to cart" in ext info to close pop up (if used)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting "add to cart" in ext info to close pop up (if used)

I've followed these instructions to get my add-to-cart in the extended info to load in the main window and not the pop up (loads in main window if pop-up is the main window though, IYSWIM lol)

It works really well but I just wondered, is there a way to get the window close (if it is a pop up) when "add to cart" is pressed too so the loading cart confirmation is more visible?

Just a thought
    thanks!
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I tried to modify the patch with some code I Googled but didnt have any joy.

I'll see if development have any ideas.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Originally posted by Toby B
      Hi Tracey,

I tried to modify the patch with some code I Googled but didnt have any joy.

I'll see if development have any ideas.
      cheers, Toby. I tried that too (although I did succeed in getting the window to close on opening...very useful, eh? lol)

I just thought it'd be a nice addition to the code that was already being used.
      Thanks
      Tracey

Comment

That's one of my tweaks. The following should close the poup window after the page is submitted.

Use http://community.actinic.com/showpos...7&postcount=38 to redirect the form to the parent window (you've probably already done this).

Then, in the Extended Info Layout, alter the <form ... > tag to be
        Code:
        	<form 
        		name="popform"
        		onsubmit="if ( opener ){ if ( opener.WindowName ) setTimeout('window.close()',2000)};return true;"
        		method="post" 
        		action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />"
        	>
        This will keep the parent open for 2 seconds to allow time for the form to be properly submitted, then the popup window will close. If the customer has inadvertantly closed the parent window, then the popup window will be used.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

fantastic, Norman, perfect
          I'll try that later and yes, I do already have the original "tweak" in use and it works perfectly, catering for those who have landed on the extended info as a main page and those who have opened it as a pop up.
          Thanks very much for that (I'll try to get it working without having to come back LOL.. I did have to google how to name a form as was instructed in the original post LOL)
          Tracey

Comment

just reporting back having successfully added this "tweak"...as ever a fabulous solution, Norman, thank you
            Works perfectly in all scenarios, exactly what I was looking for
            Many thanks
            Tracey

Comment

Brilliant

One for the AUG.
              Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
              X