Menu customisation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu customisation help

Working on a site with the Smart theme at http://www.viteyes.co.uk/acatalog/test/index.html

I have added the ‘highlighting the Current section’ from page 59 of the advanced user guide, so far so good. However, I now have a few additional ideas I want to implement.

To get the layout I want I have created several hidden sections, however these show up in the section list which I do not want. So I have tired to combine the ‘How to only show certain sections in the top level section list’ on page 52 of the advanced user guide with the above section highlighting.

However, this is now working

Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Am I wasting my time and need to look at another option, or am I simply just doing something wrong.

One final tweak. For one of my sections I have made the section link on the main page so that it takes you straight to a different site. However, is there a way to get this to show up in the above automatically created section list? (if not I can easily see a way around this if I can get the hiding certain section working).

Thanks in anticipation.

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

One other thing, is there a way to get the links in the menu on the side to stay black, even when the section has been visited, while keeping the highlight colour for currrent section?
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Try having a play with 'a:visited' in your css.
      In actinic.css try changing the color for a:visited to #003366 - the same as you have for a:link.

Comment

Working...
      X