Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide Product reference

Hi
    In Business Settings | Options, there is a check box to hide the Product Reference in the Online Catalog.
    Is there a way to make this section selective?
    In other words I want to control in which sections the product reference would display and where it would not.
    Thanks
    Dave
    www.baypressservices.com

You could modify the blockif around the product reference to include a test for a custom variable. Normally it is just
    <actinic:variable name="IsProductReferenceVisible" />
    but you can add another condition also on a custom variable making
    <actinic:variable name="IsProductReferenceVisible" /> AND <actinic:variable name="MyTestVariable" />

Comment

this has just given me a thought.
      Am I right in thinking that, in order to have product references in the email confirmations, they need to be displayed on the website?
      If so, does checking the "hide product reference in online catalog" box control both of these then?

I want the references in my emails but NOT on my website...could I uncheck the "hide" box and then comment out the reference on the site?
      Would that work? (or, indeed, is that how it works?)

Cheers (and sorry for hijacking but it seemed relevent)
      Tracey

Comment

What I think I need to do to accomplish what I want is to create a new product layout based on an existing layout, but with the code line causing the display of the PRODUCT REFERENCE, removed. I would then select this layout for sections where the product reference was not to display.
        If I am on the right track, can you show me which line to remove in any givin layout. I assume it would be the same line an all of them...
        Thanks
        www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daveb
          What I think I need to do to accomplish what I want is to create a new product layout based on an existing layout, but with the code line causing the display of the PRODUCT REFERENCE, removed. I would then select this layout for sections where the product reference was not to display.
          If I am on the right track, can you show me which line to remove in any givin layout. I assume it would be the same line an all of them...
          Thanks
          The part controlling the product reference is the variable ProductReference (which appears shortly after the "ProductName" usually, and will be surrounded by a BlockIf for "IsProductReferenceVisible" (controlled by the "business settings" checkbox)

You could do it the way you want to do it...unchecking the "hide product reference" box and removing (or commenting out) the code in a second layout and using this where you don't want to show it.

Or you could use Duncan's solution.
          Tracey

Comment

Dave, create your own true/false variable and add a blockif (inside the existing blockif which checks whether to show the prod ref or not) where you just tell it when to and when not to display the prod ref on a product or a section. Try and steer clear of multiple layouts whenever you can as it means you have double (or more) work each time you want to change anything.

If the code that shows or doesn't show the prod ref on product layouts does not stand out like a sore thumb in the layouts, i would strongly advise to steer clear of such changes, or at least backup before you start.

Comment

Thanks guys
              I got it to work. I am just now begining to understand the way layouts work and have more studying to do before I am up to speed with variables.
              Thank you Tracey, Duncan and Lee, I am re-reading the AUG tonight.
              Dave
              www.baypressservices.com

Comment

I am re-reading the AUG tonight.
                it normally sends me to sleep, so sweet dreams!

Comment

Working...
                X