Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to show price/add to cart button for a section ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to show price/add to cart button for a section ?

Hi all,

I am using a seperate section for each product, I'm just wondering if there is a way to show the price and add to cart button when the sections are displayed before going fully into the product (without adding the prices manually into the description).

For example:

This page

Shows all the products, you can then click more info to read about them but ideally I would like the price and add to cart button to also appear on the above page - is this possible even though they are technically sections and not products ?

You can use duplicates on the parent section page with a cut down version of the product layout instead of the section images.
    Such as this for example:

http://www.fancylines.co.uk/acatalog/Gifts.html
    (adult site)

Comment

It is possible to show the price if you only have a single product per section.

There was a prior post showing how to do this. It involved adding the product list to the Section layout. This works automatically and doesn't require duplicates.

You could probably extend this to allow add to cart as well.

Some searching should locate it.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The post that shows this is http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ice+on+section - post #4 shows the basics of displaying the price and post #13 looks like it's extending this to include a Cart button.

I found this by searching for "display price in section", or even just "price in section".
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your replies, I've just had a look at that and am not sure whether it will work for me without completely changing my whole site structure ?

My structure currently works like this:

Is it going to work like that ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Spot on.

That's the layout you need. Have a look at page 24 of the AUG. It gives you a step by step guide on what you need to do.
            "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone, that's just what I needed.

I have noticed though when it takes the first 10 words of the product description to put in the section, it doesn't seem to like the !!< way of declaring HTML, is there a way round this ?

Comment

Not that I have found.

I personally write a short paragraph highlighting the product at the beginning of my full description and make sure not to use any html tags.

The first 10 words are drawn from the paragraph and I can therefore safely add html to the rest of the description.
                "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

You could decide not to show any of the words from product long description - just the image and the name - similar to what you have at present.

Comment

Working...
                    X