Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Visible by Customer Group

Hi All,

I've been putting some of our B2B customer accounts onto our new site with logins etc, etc....

The B2B customers have products which are not available to customers without logins which are all contained in a single section. The problem is that everyone can see the empty section when not logged in.

I hope this makes sense! If you look on the site, I basically want the 'Restaurant Orders' section to be invisible until a customer has logged in.

Any help/suggestions/ideas will be greatly appreciated as always!

Many thanks,

Murray
    Murray MacPherson
    www.wellhungandtender.com

Have you tried wrapping the code generating the main section links with a test to see which group is viewing the page?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thinking before typing is a good idea

As the pages are statically created offline you would need to incorporate some CSS along with the above test using visibility: none; to remove if the customer group is not B2B and only allowing it to be shown (ie removing the CSS) once logged in.

There could be a simpler way (in built) as I have never really dallied with customer accounts to a great extent.

** edit **

You may want to look at the site under Firefox as the left hand navigation is bursting out width wise and the background repeating itself

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jont - thanks for the very quick reply!

The solution is very similar to the one you described, I found it on page 106 of the AUG - reading before posting is another good idea!

Thanks for the FF tip too - tomorrow's job I believe!

Many thanks,

Murray
        Murray MacPherson
        www.wellhungandtender.com

Comment

Working...
        X