Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different product layouts, using different options

Hi,

I'd appriciate some help on this one if possible....

We currently list our products on various pages using the 'image on left etc. layout for products. No problem with that, each has its own add to cart button etc. (no quantity box)

What I would like to do is have one further section where I can list all the products underneath each other, with the quantity boxes and a single add to cart button at the bottom of the page.

I've read the post that mentions editing the layout in the library and replacing <br> with &nsbp; to bring the qnty and cart button into line together - great.

But.... the main problem is that checking the 'show quantity on product page' applies right across the site and I would like it for just one section....thoughts?

Cheers,

Paul
    www.papermilldirect.com
    For Inkjet Photo Paper and Fine Art Inkjet Papers direct from the papermill

On a section go to Page Settings where you can change the shopping mode.
    Peblaco

Comment

Ah many thanks Louise - completely missed that option.

Cheers,

Paul
      www.papermilldirect.com

Comment

Ok so I've got the qnty on that section only with a single add to cart button.

But the product is bunched up to the left of the screen rather than laid out in a single line.... the 'No image, No description, laid out in a single line is set for both the section and the product.

I can't figure out why the products won't line up.. I did change the overall page layout to smart within the section layout tab, this gets the products looking right but I lose the custom template...

Cheers,

Paul
        www.papermilldirect.com

Comment

Changing overall layout will lose whatever custom layout you had set. Regarding products bunched up it sounds like a common problem when upgrading widths get altered.
          Peblaco

Comment

Hi - yes, agree about the custom template and losing it, I mentioned it as its presence appears to affect the products ability to lay out as required. So I'll leave it as normal.

I don't have a URL as I'm working on a new section of a live site and don't want to upload it as is. I can post a sceen shot but struggling to do even that, suggestions?

The live site is www.papermilldirect.com but no examples of the problem there as explained above.

Strangely if I type the short product description into the box and leave no spaces it'll force the page to lay right...

I'm interested in looking at your last suggestion about the template widths, how best to approach that?

Thanks for your help so far.

Paul
            www.papermilldirect.com

Comment

While you are playing with the layouts I woud get a decent navigation system built - yours is linear so people landing on one page cannot easily navigate the site without going through "products"

Comment

Working...
              X