Site design help and opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site design help and opinion

Just about finished my 1st site redesign with v8 – nothing more than a tweak of the smart theme but I would welcome any comments – http://www.viteyes.co.uk/acatalog/test/index.html

I do have a couple of further tweaks I have been unable to implement so any help gratefully appreciated.

1) On the Best Sellers and New Products lists when the item name is too long for the line it wraps to the very beginning of the line rather than under the text – any way around this?

2) In the Special Offers section the first items has some radio buttons with a layout like this:
    Advanced Formula Option
    Advanced
    Smokers Advanced
    plus
    Omega 3
    and
    Multivitamin Companion

but I would like it more compact like this:
    Advanced Formula Option
    Advanced
    Smokers Advanced
    plus Omega 3
    and Multivitamin Companion

I have tried deleting various <BR> tags to no avail

3) How do I get the ’Site Map’ link to show up on the navigation bar?

Thanks for any help

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Originally posted by JimboS
    1) On the Best Sellers and New Products lists when the item name is too long for the line it wraps to the very beginning of the line rather than under the text – any way around this?
    There are several options... the issue is down to the HTML being seen as one line including the numbered index.

You can remove the number (ListIndex) or you can wrap the actual product details in a <div> tag and set a margin-left to clear the number and always align to the same place

The site map link is usually in there as default... click on an existing link, navigate up a level and you will see the layouts for the other links... see if the layout is <!-- commented out -->

If it is not there you can add it to this layout by either adding the link back in there using standard HTML or find the inbuilt layout ... this will be obvious when you see the naming structure of the other layouts.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks - sorted the list alignment now.

I have added the sitemap in manually, but I am not quite sure why it was not there automatically as the sitemap option was there with some 'block if' around it.

The code looks like this:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsIncludeToSiteMap%22%20%2f%3e" >
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Store%20Front%20Page%22" >
      <actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Sitemap Text Link" />&nbsp;
      </actinic:block>
      </actinic:block>

James
      www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
      www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
      www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
      www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
      www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Working...
      X