Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smart checkout too wide

Hi

I am using the smart theme with a few tweeks and the checkout pages seem to be way off to the right.

Is this because the sidebars are on the checkout pages? is there an easy way to take them off but leave them on all other pages?

Any help would be very welcome

www.sasadventuresports.com

Steve

This has nothing to do with your two side coloumns. Your page width is the issue.

Your cart details are in a table and the table stretches to fill the space you give it. Decrease the overall width of your page or else edit the view cart shopping cart grid layout.

I would personally decrease my page width and center the page (950 or 960px will be about right). Here's how mine looks www splab co za
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

One other thing... your logo appears to be aligned to the left leaving you with some horrible white space on the right.

Decrease your overall page width to be the same width as your logo and center everything.

Comment

You have your table width set at 1000 in the top part of the checkout:
        <table width="1000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3" border="0">

similarly in the checkout pages you have widths again set at 1000:
        <hr width="1000" size="1" align="left"/>

Go through the design code for the cart and acrt and all the checkout pages and check the widths and reduce them to suit.

A good tip is to use Fifrefox with the Firebug add-in - that allows you to inspect the layout and dynamically make changes to both find issues like this as well as find the solution to them.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to both of you, I seem to have sorted it but I am not sure how? I didnt know where to fint the overall page width, but I reduced the 'Width for main area' in site site options and this seems to have don the trick.

Thanks again

Comment

Widths

Further to my last not, where I find a width it is always 100% am I looking in the wrong place?

Comment

Spot on with the width.

As for your other query, I suggest taking a quick online html tutorial. There are plenty and most are free. Google is your very evil all consuming freind. Most of us who didn't study web design, learnt via tutorials.

Believe me, once you get the hang of it, this stuff is a blast

Comment

I think I need to

Thanks for that,

I think I need to ....

Comment

Working...
                X