Help with Moving search bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Moving search bar

I am using the technical template as a basis for my site and I have recently edited the Actinic style sheet in order to make the header part of the site wider and taller however the search bar is still in its orginal position and I have been unable to locate the values that control its y position, does anyone know where this value lies so that I can move it down to suit the change I made to the header area?

Use Firefox and install the Firebug add-in then select to Inspect the page and click on the searchbox - you will then see the CSS and code in the Firebug window.

Comment

I have done this and been able to select the bar but I cannot see anything in the window that looks like it controls the position. I am sorry I have no real clue about css and my HTML is fairly basicly, I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at www.lowcostplumbingsupplies.co.uk and see if they have any idea how I can make this blasted bar move. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

Comment

Adam, you are going to have to delve into the actinic css stylesheet as the position is determined by the values given in the stylesheet.

I am busy with an upload at the moment so can't give you specifics but start with the following and use trial and error until you achieve what you require.

Select your home page in design view. Scroll down in your code until you get something that says:

<!-- HEADER -->. Just below this you will see class="page header". Right click on page header and select look up in actinic stylesheet.

Scroll down until you get "page_header_terms_container" or similar and increase the height value. Do this little by little until everything is aligned.
        "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Thanks for the reply however I have already tried tweaking this value and it doesnt seem to have any affect on the search bar at all. Do you have any other suggestions I am still going through different areas at the moment but still havent found anything to control the height prehaps, there is a value I need to add to affect the search bar prehaps? If you could take a closer look when you have time or if someone else who may know something could speak up that would be great

Comment

Change the height defined on this class:

.tech_page_header_terms_container

reduce to go up, increase to go down. If you try this on Firefox as Duncan told you to, you will see it change as you do it (on the fly).

Comment

I have changed this value but it didn't do anything however I just changed it in actinic and it worked like a charm. Maybe I pressed ok instead of apply anyway thanks very much for bearing with me its sorted now

Comment

Working...
              X