New products on homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New products on homepage

Hi all. I want to use the catalog top page as my homepage. Is it possible to display new products here as they would be seen on the brochure index page.

The location of the New Products List is set in Site Options | Layout | New Products List | Location For New Products List. The variable is NewProductsListLocation.

This variable has three Choices: Sidebar Only, Home Page Only and Both Sidebar and Home Page.

I cannot see how these choices determine the location of the New Products list??? Can anyone explain? Is it possible to add a new choice for example Sidebar, Home Page and Catalog Top Page?

Or am I barking................ up the wrong tree?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

CorBlimeyGuv

Is it possible to display new products here as they would be seen on the brochure index page.
    I have found the answer to this. I added the new products layout into the catalog top page.

I would still be interested in answers to:

The location of the New Products List is set in Site Options | Layout | New Products List | Location For New Products List. The variable is NewProductsListLocation.

This variable has three Choices: Sidebar Only, Home Page Only and Both Sidebar and Home Page.

I cannot see how these choices determine the location of the New Products list??? Can anyone explain? Is it possible to add a new choice for example Sidebar, Home Page and Catalog Top Page?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Runner,

The marketing lists 'New Products' and 'Best Sellers' are intended for display in the sidebar and within the body of the Home page, so selecting the choice would determine where it was displayed. I guess you have got around the 'Catalog Top Page' option by inserting the layout selector in the appropriate place.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X