Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra checkout pages

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to add an extra checkout page. Basically the site I'm creating is for personalised clothes. You'll add the clothes to the basket and when you proceed to checkout I need the ability for the customer to choose if they want an embroidered logo, type or screenprinted type. They will be able to choose the font and input some type in a form field. I would also love them to be able to upload a logo too, although I don't think this is possible with Actinic.
    Any advice appreciated. I would prefer to do this extra page in Dreamweaver as I find Actinic very hard to understand. Is this possible? What about the form fields - can the info be tied in to the actinic scripts.
    Chances are I won't be able to do this on my own, so if anyone knows someone who could do this for me, that would be good too.

Frustrating package - thank god for knowledgeable forum peeps.

Thanks
    3Bs

Stuart, majority of that can be done with standard actinic, load up the example store they provide with the software and take a look at the example products inside, it will illustrate a number of things like that which you can do very easily. Contact Norman at drillpine.biz for an image upload add-on.

Comment

As lee says its all possible within Actinic and has been explained before on the forum. Norms website will show you what you need to buy to get it working as you want.

Comment

Apologies if this has been discussed on the forum before but I couldn't find anything. Very hard to find something without knowing what to search for.

I might be being a bit thick but I can't see anything like what I want to do on the demo site - can you point me in the right direction?

Do I need to duplicate a checkout page, renumber the existing ones and add additional layouts to the new page.

I usually don't get on too badly learning new packages, but I just can't get my head around this one!

Hopefully like you say, it's fairly easy with Actinic. If it is - any takers in doing it for me. I'll pay if not too extortionate!

3Bs

Comment

Do I need to duplicate a checkout page, renumber the existing ones and add additional layouts to the new page.
          NO - everything is done on the product page using a multi other info patch and an image upload plugin. Go to norms site and you will find them

Comment

You can't see choices on the example products and apply your logic to get something similar? All you need is the image add-on from Norm as mentioned, plus components with choices, plus a prompt on the product. All done at product level, no extra checkout pages at all. Example which is halfway there for you.

Comment

choose the font and input some type in a form field.
              He has a specific plug in for this to select font required and add text - multi other info will not allow text selection unless you link it to a choice

Comment

Other Info will be fine if you don't charge for the text.

If you need to charge per character and / or have a setup charge if text is required then I've a much more sophisticated patch "Engraving Add On" that will do that. A live site using it is e.g. http://www.bettertrophiesbetterprice...le_in_One.html (I see they've busted their pound signs though).

The patch also allows you to change the displayed font of the entered text by selecting a Choice (not being used on the trophies site).
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

sophisticated patch "Engraving Add On"
                  Thats the one - I could not remember the name

Comment

Working...
                  X