Problem with relative link and connecting to a SQL database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with relative link and connecting to a SQL database

Hi - I have a form on my site that needs to connect to database. It does this by the standard procedure of using a .php script above the webspace.

My problem is that on my pc Actinic is processing this as a relative link so I get an error message telling me that the file does not exist on my PC. The code I want to use is:

<?php require_once ('../../mysql_connect.php'); ?>
    Is there a way to stop it processing this as a relative link?
    Regards
    David

Does full URL fail too? Add the file to 'additional files' and reference it relatively or full url to where you want it otherwise.

Comment

Hi Lee - I'm not sure how to reference it as a full URL when it is not in the webspace. i.e. it is in the same folder as the htdocs folder.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Move it to a level where you know how to get to it, i usually have a sub folder on the root called 'scripts' and have it in there. I would then access it by http://www.domain.co.uk/scripts/myfile.php etc.

FTP into your webspace and move it to a an accessible level if you are struggling to reference it. I presume there is no security issue with the file. Or you can just add it to additionals in actinic and it will sit in your acatalog folder then.

Comment

There is a security issue with the file. It contains my SQL database access information - username, password etc.

That is why it is not in the webspace.
          Regards
          David

Comment

give it a random name, a 16 digit hex name, and then reference it in your root.

Comment

i was about to help you more, until I noticed this disasterous attempt to fool google:

HTML Code:
              <div style="display:none">
              	<h1>Web page design, web site design, development & consultancy services in Birmingham UK</h1>
              	<h2>Affordable ecommerce solutions & online shop development</h2>
              </div>
              you complete fruit.

*rolls eyes*

Comment

You did read the company name Gabe?

Comment

lolz. indeed. i did now.

Comment

For anybody who has this problem and is searching the forum.

This works fine if you have it as a template, or as part of a template, in the actinic library.

My problem is that it was in the code of another script that was referenced from within the text field of a fragment.

i.e. this code:

<?php require_once ('../../mysql_connect.php'); ?>
                    was part of the code of a file called mailing list.php. I added mailing_list.php to the text field of a fragment so:

!!<
                    <actinic:block php="true">
                    include('mailing_list.php');
                    </actinic:block>
                    >!!
                    After a bit of testing it appears that any code within an Actinic PHP block is processed on the local machine and not on the server even if you give it opening <?php and closing ?> tags.

I also tried using the following in the text field of a fragment:

!!<
                    <?php
                    include('mailing_list.php');
                    ?>
                    >!!
                    but this did not work - it got translated to this in the code in the browser:

<php _moz-userdefined="" ?="" );="" seasalt_mysql_connect.php="" ..="" (="" require_once="">
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

Working...
                    X