Best sellers and new products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best sellers and new products

I have an "upgraded" theme rather than a standard actinic, I did it so long ago I can't even remember which theme it was based on!

I was looking forward to the new best seller and new products systems but I am not happy with how any of the default styles show these as they all get in the way of my Norcascade menu.

This is what my main site looks like http://www.leonpaul.com/acatalog/catalogbody.html I would like to either find a way to squeeze these new features in or even better I would just like actinic to have two new sections that just contain the favorites laid out in th enormal product layout.

Is this possible? (for a relative muppet)

um, there is utterly bucket loads of space on the right.

try a 3 col holy grail layout.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I had actually looked at my user profile and realised that it was less than 5% that use 800 by 600 so was going to extend the products out to fill out that right hand side up to 1024.

I will take a look at the layout you suggest but is there any way to set up my ideal method which would be sa seperate section that just had the 10 top sellers in their normal layout?

Comment

the default store for V8 has this feature. investigate the initial shop installation?

it has seperate pages for new items and best sellers.

Comment

I will take a look at the layout you suggest but is there any way to set up my ideal method which would be sa seperate section that just had the 10 top sellers in their normal layout?
          Yes - its standard in the default V8 sites or create a section and put the variables in to create the content.

Comment

create a section called Bestseller. Go to Section Details, click on Layout tab. Section , Main Product Area Layout = Best sellers listing page with sectionpage at top (or your choice)

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
              create a section called Bestseller. Go to Section Details, click on Layout tab. Section , Main Product Area Layout = Best sellers listing page with sectionpage at top (or your choice)
              Nice, thanks now if only the two available layouts wern't so lame!!

I am sure I can fiddle with them, to sorth them out.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X