Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Text Fields

Hi,

This is what I want to be able to do and I hope someone can help!..

I would like to be able to create custom text fields to be able to hold specific information about the products which use certain templates. I.e. ISBN Number, Book Publisher etc.

Is there a way to achieve this within Actinic?
    If so how do I do this?

and also will it be possible to import data to these fields once created?

Thanks

David

Yes, you need to create fields in the design library / variables tab area, then you can import values using hierarchical import - or you can link the fields to an external excel spreadsheet.

All three areas are covered in the standard help and there are also posts on this forum.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

More Help...

Originally posted by Jan
      Yes, you need to create fields in the design library / variables tab area, then you can import values using hierarchical import - or you can link the fields to an external excel spreadsheet.

All three areas are covered in the standard help and there are also posts on this forum.

Regards,
      Hi, Thanks Jan,

I've now mastered creating the variables and inserting them into the layout of the extended information page. What I need to be able to do now is enter the information into these fields.

I have great trouble in using the heirarchical import spreadsheets and wonder if I can either use a flat file import or edit the database in access. I have looked in the product table within the database but the fields do not appear to be there. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

David

Comment

The is a some a program supplied by Actinic I think that will convert a flat file into a hierarchical import file. Search the help for "Converting flat files to Hierarchical files". I haven't used it but I think it will do what you need to do.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          The is a some a program supplied by Actinic I think that will convert a flat file into a hierarchical import file. Search the help for "Converting flat files to Hierarchical files". I haven't used it but I think it will do what you need to do.

Regards,
          Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how I would find out what the heading would be for the column in the flat file to represent the new fields? I gather this would be needed before the file was converted to heirarchical.

Thanks again

David

Comment

Your best bet is to create and configure the variables once off then export as hierarchical. You can then have a look and see what the header needs to be.

Comment

Working...
            X