Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic - Time to look at the nav bar documentation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search for posts by user 'Kermy', he has a FREE cart summary plugin which works rather well i do believe.

Comment

think the navigation style on some themes is a throwback to the old V7 style of navigation
      They are the same templates - selecting one of the newer themes will solve the problem.

Comment

he has a FREE cart summary plugin which works rather well i do believe
        Working here if you want to play http://www.the-old-smokehouse.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          Working here if you want to play http://www.the-old-smokehouse.co.uk/
          That's what I've used, it's just not working properly - I think the javascript line must be in the wrong place (see original post for details/image)

Quote:
          think the navigation style on some themes is a throwback to the old V7 style of navigation
          They are the same templates - selecting one of the newer themes will solve the problem.

I've only ever used V8 so I'm not sure which ones are old/new. I'm using clean No.13 - trying to use as much CSS as possible.

3Bs

Comment

I'm using clean No.13
            Thats an old V7 - try the css layout or exec

Comment

Perhaps this would do it - it works in the Smart layout anyway:

-Go to Design |Library | Layout rightclick and find for 'Smart Header Area' and go to line 16 where you will find the following:
              <actinic:variable name="BrochureNavBar" value="Brochure Nav Bar Text Link List" />
              -now replace the above with the following:
              <actinic:variable name="NavigationBar" value="Horizontal Nav Bar Text Links" />
              -Apply the settings
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I've been using Actinic 9 for about 4 weeks now, my first jump in to e-commerce and I have to say I'm not finding it that intuitive.

Adding Products, fragments etc is a doddle and I'm sure even the most novice of people can do it.

...getting on to more advanced things like centering text (when I say more advanced I mean only slighly), it becomes a hassle. I would have hoped for a drop down menu much the same as the options for colour and font but no... Knowing a little HTML this is easy to fix..

but adding a menu to the NAV bar at the top, I have no idea where to start. This is the fourth post I've read about it and I still don't know where I'm going. Surely in this day and age with software advancing so quickly you should be able to drag n drop or simply add a nav bar icon with a couple of clicks and as with the rest of the actinic process just change options with a drop down menu for changing settings/ adding the target html page.

In other words:

click add nav item>browse for the on/off pics> select destination page.>ok

I've added a page for extra info and this is listed in the main pages obviously I want it hidden like the *more pages* but a nav link to it.

There should be a total dummies guide. Information on here is so spread out and in most cases someone who knows what there doing and is very technical is (no offence) dumbing down for someone slightly less technical but that doesn't help us at the bottom

Trev.
                Last edited by argmentum; 22-Oct-2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: edited due to silly typos

Comment

Actually Trev, thats a very honest first post. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find a thread that tells you what you want to do as I'm sure there's at least one here somewhere.

Good luck with it fella, and be patient, just do a little task at a time.
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Actinic navigation

I agree, adding, customising, and changing navigation in Actinic is NOT intuitive, when I first started to change the navigation in our website I found it very hard to understand what I should change.
                    Even now I find it takes quite a time to work out what you need to do.

Surely there must be a way to make the whole process simpler and more versatile with a selection of different methods, there are lots of examples out there on the interweb thingy.

How about V10 having a much wider and easier to use "navigation bar" design setup? Even design your nav bar then just choose the place you want it to go and press an insert button.
                    I suppose this should go in the wish list as well.
                    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Actinic has always been more aimed at the econmrrce navigation for obvious reasons and "other" pages and navigation has been more difficult. But with 8&9 it's much easier than previous versions but I agree it could be easier. I suggested years ago that a more simple brochure navigation system should be added and this in turn would open up the Market for actinic to be used more as a pure content management system.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        Search for posts by user 'Kermy', he has a FREE cart summary plugin which works rather well i do believe.
                        Found this thread here but the link redirects to a blog now.

Anyone kind enough to share?
                        Need a barcode label or card printer? Look no further than OnlyZebra.

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by NicNac View Post
                          Found this thread here but the link redirects to a blog now.

Anyone kind enough to share?
                          What is it that you want in the summary?

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                          Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                            The one like Mal's here would be great!

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

It's been withdrawn as i understand, so unless you have it saved or a have a friend who can send you a copy, you are stuffed (i think).

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                                It's been withdrawn as i understand, so unless you have it saved or a have a friend who can send you a copy, you are stuffed (i think).
                                Awww, that's a shame.

As I've only just started with Actinic I don't have a copy.

So, does anyone need a new friend?

Comment

Working...
                                X