listing components in a single column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listing components in a single column

I can't find any answer to this on the forum ...

URL: http://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/acatalog/Mille___RSV.html

Is there any way of getting those two components (the colour and the Tricolore) to be placed one below the other?
    I mean the whole component - the text above and the drop down list.

TIA

Sean
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Have a look in your product layout Sean, you can see them from within the code. They might just need a <br/> putting in between, all depends on your product layout, which we haven't seen or have no idea what it is. I would guess at them being in same row of a table but separate cells, looks like your layout has either a table or CSS columns defined.

Comment

.what layout are you using for the components?
      you must have created a layout with the component columns set as 2 somewhere along the line

check your "standard component list" for that item (design tab..orange "click here to edit list etc" writing)

does it have a 2 in the number of items column?

If you've just changed that from 1 to edit the look of another item on the website (to display 2 components side by side) then you probably need to copy the layout and use one for 2 side by side (where the "number of items row will be 2) and one for the standard "one above the other" layout with the "number of items" set as 1
      Tracey

Comment

thank you chaps.
        I tried all that <br /> stuff for hours, but it didn't make any difference. Even tried <p> in desparation!
        And then Tracey points out the bl**ding obvious - change the component list middle rows to '1' !

Oh dear, I've spent hours bumbling around in there, changed everything to dynamic, 2, 3, <br />'s, <p>'s, before, middle, after, first, last etc etc.
        For some reason, known only to a superior intellect to mine, I didn't try '1'.

Why fercrissakes?

LOL

Thanks guys.

Still no wiser as to how all those befores, middle, lasts etc work.

Here was the solution, for anyone else as challenged as I am (well, I am 52 you know - not many working cells left now) who may come along one day

Design|Library|Layouts|Component Lists|Standard Component List
        Click here to edit list layout settings
        Edit rows and columns
        Middle Rows changed from 'Dynamic' to '1'
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
        X