No announcement yet.

Simple Lightbox Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had another look at, yep..as soon as I remove the reference for builder it doesn't produce the popup. Im using the lastest version v2.04...I could of done something different of course
    Web design Bradford

Comment

a *complex* lightbox integration

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/W...Multi-Cam.html

bask in its complicatedness!

Comment

Hi,

I am experimenting with the Drillpine plug in and have a few issues hopefully someone can assist with.

http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog...egulators.html

In FF, of three PC's it has been viewed on, 1 is okay, on another there is some corruption at the bottom of the page where the last best seller item 'Alum Pulley' and the data sheets image from the RH margin are repeated along the page bottom. On the third PC, no repeat of the images along the bottom but plenty of empty space + when the lightbox image is viewed, the background page is blacked out where as on the other PC's the page is as expected dimmed.

In IE6, on two different PC's, the page background is not dimmed at all and the image pops up at the very top of the page which is not much use if you have scrolled down the page.

I have no doubt I have made a mistake in the implementation but I can't see where I have gone wrong.

Paul

Comment

I though norman used lightbox not slimbox?
          Web design Bradford

Comment

I used to use Lightbox but it required very large supporting JavaScript libraries. I now use Slimbox as the required libraries are much smaller.

I've also posted how to use Greybox on www.drillpine.biz/forums in the Lightbox topic.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Is there a particular reason why you use Slimbox 1.4. I have tried it using the latest version 1.63 and that solved the corruption at the page botton and also solved where the image pops up, it now pops up in view. A new problem though is that the 'close' text is not visible although clicking in that area still closes the image.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Just that it works for me in the various browsers out there. If I changed the add-on for every point release of Slimbox, that would be a lot of work.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Understood. Clearly it did not work for me and your example site still appeared to use Lightbox rather than Slimbox. I'll struggle on a bit longer to see if I can get it to work in V9.02.

Comment

prototype.js

Hi

I am using Lightbox 2 on my new site (still in design) on my test site www.classic-equine.co.uk

I have the JS file with all the scripts in my site folder, but each time I upload the site I have to rename the prototype.js file as it says I have two of them.

Did a search on the file on my hard drive and there is only one??? I know its only a niggle really as its not exactly a big deal.. but I just wondered why it's saying that.

Got Lightbox working fine on my sections browbands/crystal browbands/ and
                    rugs. The only thing I had to do was manually FTP the image files into an images directory and initially put the JS/CSS files in the main directory.. then it worked fine... I love it as it means I don't have to have miles of images down the page.
                    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Are you referencing it in the head area and adding it into additional files? if so remove it from additional files.

Comment

Dave's Lightbox Integration

Hi Guys, Just wanted to say Wow and thank you to Dave for the integration instructions. I got it working in one, although I DID need the builder reference for it to work and I am using a current version.
                        Thanks Dave, you've made an old man very happy!
                        Jonathan Chappell
                        Website Designer
                        SellerDeck Website Designer
                        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Further

Forgive me if it has already been mentioned but you need to remove reference to the original lightbox scripts if using Norman's multi image lightbox. With both sets of references to scripts the lightbox didn't work at all! Sorry if that is too basic for some. Cheers!
                          Jonathan Chappell
                          Website Designer
                          SellerDeck Website Designer
                          Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                          Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

i tried the code and get three javascript errors:

undefined is null or not an object

object doesnt support this property or method

builder is undefined

is there any reason these appear?

Comment

Just redesigning one of our sites and stumbled across this topic. Before I go blindly fiddling around in layout codes for hours, could someone tell me if it would be possible to use a lightbox displaying several images in a fragment layout, instead of a product?

I've set up the site so each product series has it's own section. In the section itself, there's a fragment displaying a large product image, the product description and a pdf download link if available. See below for an example.

http://www.onlyrugged.com/acatalog/C..._J_Series.html

The products are just plainly listed at the bottom (each product title actually links to the extended info page, essentially giving me SPP for Google Product Listing sake). The extended info page is basically the same as the fragment.

Anyway, I'd like to have several images to view at the fragment level. Ideally the main product image being shown as it is at the moment, with thumbnails underneath for different angles/colours etc. Is this possible or is it too much for a novice Actinic developer at best with no experience of javascripting?

I did have a little play about and ended up with a javascript error

Edit: Oh, don't know if it would make any difference, but I'm using 9.0.3 IMMA
                              Need a barcode label or card printer? Look no further than OnlyZebra.

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

Yes it is possible, buy the addon from drillpine.biz if you are struggling to do it, all done for you then.

Comment

Working...
                                X