Registering Actinic Layouts in DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering Actinic Layouts in DW

I'm working backwards, I've created my actinic layout and registered it I now want to create a different one, but as soon as I register it it overwrites my current one and I have to go and change all the settings. This would be fine if it was my main layout but I only want the checkout area to change.

Is there a better way of registering my design in DW so this doesn't happen? Thanks

It doesn't overwrite it, it actually tells you it won't do this, your other layout will still be there, it is just "applying" the new one to the site.

Comment

I realise it doesn't overwrite my original file, it's just annoying that I have to go into the site options and change all the layouts back to the original if I only want I layout to change. This isn't so bad when it's a small site but if alot of work has been done and then you create a new layout, it open changes many of the section areas.

Comment

Why not save it to a single page (such as bounce page) with a new name and then go in, reselect your layout for each page as desired?

That'll solve it...
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

mmmm. Just wondered if there was another way of selecting layouts that I'd missed. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by smudgie
            mmmm. Just wondered if there was another way of selecting layouts that I'd missed. Thanks.
            Simple rule of thumb

Register 1 design for your brochure pages
            The re-save in DW as NEW_2 (eg) and then register for your section pages

That way you have covered all the pages then you can apply new designs on a per page basis if you wish using the above post ref.

HTH
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
            X