CSS changes not showing in Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS changes not showing in Actinic

I'm changing a the outer layout on one of my sites in Dreamweaver (via Actinic, design, edit layout in dreamweaver)

I have added a horizontal navigation bar using CSS which when I see it in DW looks perfect, however when I submit changes to Actinic the text for the menu shows but the colours,text decoration etc has gone. Attached 2 screen shots.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Thanks

Kathy
    Attached Files
    Kathy Newman

Is the CSS for the navigation showing in the actinic.css? It is worth placing your own code at the bottom of the stylesheet to ensure it is not being overridden further down the page. There is an ad-hoc bug with changes not being affected until you delete the copy of the stylesheet in PreviewHTML folder and then generate the preview (and the stylesheet) again from inside Actinic.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I tend to comment the actinic.css ref out AFTER we have got all content in and overlayed my design on top.

This is not always suitable as it will affect areas that have not been assigned a class so always make sure, if using this method you have checked and double checked key areas and div statements.

HTH
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks Jont - yes the code is at the bottom of actinic.css. Deleted the copy in Preview and did another offline preview in Actinic but still not showing how it should.

Back to the drawing board!

Kathy
        Kathy Newman

Comment

I tend to comment the actinic.css ref out AFTER we have got all content in and overlayed my design on top.
          what a smart idea!! I've been putting all my css at the bottom of actinic .css whilst strippping out actinics css as i go depending on the underlying theme

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            what a smart idea!! I've been putting all my css at the bottom of actinic .css whilst strippping out actinics css as i go depending on the underlying theme
            I do not know if you remember Jo but some months ago you and I were both grappling with a rogue div or similar and to this end I got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fed up with the blimming css creeping everywhere I just took it out the equation.

Now, it is the first thing I do before I overlay

Regards
            Daren
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
            X