Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing the <hr> divider with an image

I'm currently using <hr> as my product divider

Is there a way of using an repeated image to do this?
    I confess I don't know much about the <hr> so I'm not sure how to replace it with something else.

I've googled it a bit and come up with some sites where people seem to have done it using (complicated looking) CSS but I can't seem to get any of their methods to work successfully for me

Has anyone here managed it?
    Is there a simple way of doing it using html rather than CSS?

All the methods I'm trying seem to be giving me a "blank" placeholder but not displaying my image (which I have put in my site1 folder)

Thanks

ok..editted (again) to add the page I'm trying to work with
    http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/ac...ack_Bikes.html

I've used
    Code:
    <hr style="background-image: url(hr.gif); height:15px;">
    and I have added the hr.gif image to my site folder but I just can't get it to display
    Tracey

Tracey,

Haven't looked at whether the code is valid but do you not need to wrap the gif in 'hr.gif'?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

.. you do need the quote marks for Actinic to recognise images in stylesheets eg 'image.gif'

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhh...grrrrrrrrrrrrr...I'm so mad with myself now

Thank you, thank you!
        I knew it'd be something stupidly simple

It's about the only thing I didn't try

Very much appreciated

Tracey

Comment

I love how much not working something out for yourself annoys you!
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson
            I love how much not working something out for yourself annoys you!
            yes, I have noticed how you all enjoy my pain
            Tracey

Comment

lol, that's not actually what I meant! I just know how much it annoys me when I can't work something out too!
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

lol, that's not actually what I meant! I just know how much it annoys me when I can't work something out too!

hmmm..I believe you

Thing is..I nearly posted on the forum about an hour or so before I actually did...but decided to search it more first (web search, I mean)
                Problem with that, of course, was that, while the solutions were out there, they didn't work in Actinic due to the lack of quotes....but I didn't know that's why it wasn't working..so I then spent at least an hour searching and trying "variations on a theme" all of which didn't work either, of course.

So I'm left thinking "I should have just posted in the first place"...which of course isn't how things work, is it?

Really, it's Actinic I should be frustrated with...because I found workable answers quite easily on the www ...it's just that Actinic always wants that little bit more of my blood, sweat and tears!!
                Tracey

Comment

Trust me, I feel your pain. I am currently recoding a site exclusively using em sizing (a large proportion of our customers for this site are partially sighted and I am also using the opportunity to learn some more css) and it's the first time I have used it! Most fun but frustrating at times!
                  Cheers

David
                  Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                    hmmm..I believe you

Thing is..I nearly posted on the forum about an hour or so before I actually did...but decided to search it more first (web search, I mean)
                    Problem with that, of course, was that, while the solutions were out there, they didn't work in Actinic due to the lack of quotes....but I didn't know that's why it wasn't working..so I then spent at least an hour searching and trying "variations on a theme" all of which didn't work either, of course.

So I'm left thinking "I should have just posted in the first place"...which of course isn't how things work, is it?

Really, it's Actinic I should be frustrated with...because I found workable answers quite easily on the www ...it's just that Actinic always wants that little bit more of my blood, sweat and tears!!
                    because you went through the pain you are more likely to remember the resolution - I employ this tactic with all the people i train. They hate me at the time but in the fullness of time always say its the best method

Comment

Trust me, I feel your pain. I am currently recoding a site exclusively using em sizing (a large proportion of our customers for this site are partially sighted and I am also using the opportunity to learn some more css) and it's the first time I have used it! Most fun but frustrating at times!
                      LOL good luck with those inheritance issues.

Comment

Well it's going pretty well at the moment, will no doubt post it up once I have finished, then you can all laugh at my css!!!
                        Cheers

David
                        Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Working...
                        X