Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing product marketing items from checkout pages only

Hi All,

I would like to remove from the checkout pages only, the related items, also bought and new products and just keep them in the shopping cart. How would I do this one??

Thanks,

Regards,

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com
    Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

do you mean checkout page 1?

In Design view,, selected Checkout Page 01 from the dropdown.

Open the layout "checkout shopping cart grid" and comment out the "Also bought items in shopping cart" and "related products in shopping cart" layouts.

To comment out.... surround the purple layout text, in the "checkout shopping cart grid, with <!-- layouts you want hidden here --> so it looks like
    <!-- Also bought items in shopping cart -->

For the new products, I assume you have them in your overall layout so they appear on all pages?
    you'll need to use a blockif to prevent them appearing in the checkout pages

Highlight the "new products" layout whereever it appears (in your outer layout maybe) and insert a blockif with the condition

CheckOutPageURL ==FALSE

Make sure you don't just type it, select the variable from the dropdown list.

That should work (I hope!)
    Tracey

Comment

All the checkout pages. Just want this info in the cart only.

Ill give it a try and see what happens..

Thanks!!!!!

Regards,

Bob
      Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the help!!. I got the first part done. Now, the blockif statement for the best selling items, This is what I did.

Highlighted the best sellers and in the layout code, I inserted a blockif as below

Code:
        <actinic:block if="">

</actinic:block><actinic:variable value="Mini Best Seller Layout" name="BestSellerItem" />
        Next i typed between the quotes checkoutpageurl and the variable was there so I clicked on it and Actinic inserted this:

Code:
        <actinic:block if="<actinic:variable name="CheckOutPageURL" />">

</actinic:block><actinic:variable value="Mini Best Seller Layout" name="BestSellerItem" />
        I am getting a syntax error and I cannot figure out where to put the ==FALSE after the variable as you described above.

Thanks!!!

Regards,

Bob

Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

just type it, as I did, inside the condition editor that comes up with you insert block

The CheckOutPageURL variable..followed by a space then ==FALSE

It should look like
          Code:
          <actinic:variable name="CheckOutPageURL" /> ==FALSE
          Tracey

Comment

That gives me a syntax error what you posted above.

Code:
            <actinic:block if="<actinic:variable name="CheckOutPageURL" /> ==False

Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

hmmmm..in that case, I'll have to leave it for someone else to help out with because I've probably got it wrong (although it seemed to work for me)

I'm sure someone else more experienced can advise soon enough

Sorry
              Tracey

Comment

Ok, Thanks Tracey

I do not know whats wrong. I would like the best sellers and the related products and also bought in only the add to cart and view cart pages only.

Anybody??

Regards,
                Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

ok Robert..I looked at your quote again and can see that the end of your block is appearing BEFORE the best sellers layout
                  You should have
                  block if Mini Best Seller Layout /block
                  so you really need to make sure the layout is highlighted then right click "insert block" to make sure it goes AROUND the layout.

However, even if you place it correctly, I'm not 100% sure that the CheckOutPageURL ==false condition will do what you want it to.

So I'm still gonna let someone else come up with an answer!
                  Tracey

Comment

I assume you only want to stop them displaying from the actual checkout, not the shop pages? If so, create a new block around the layouts you want to hide in the chekout and add this code into it:-

Code:
                    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 0' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 1' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 2' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 3' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Receipt'
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

ahh..now I didn't realise they were actually "called" checkout page 1 etc (ie page names) so didn't know that

They wouldn't appear on the receipt page anyway would they? It doesn't appear in the store pages, does it?
                      Or does it sometimes but just not on my sites?
                      Not questioning...(wouldn't dare ) just askin'
                      Tracey

Comment

New Products and Top 10's might appear on the receipt pages they can be added to an outer layout. The also boughts and related products don't appear in the receipt page but do in the checkout pages under alternative layouts, also boughts under:-

Code:
                        <actinic:variable name="ShoppingCartAlsoBoughtItems" value="Also Bought Items in Shopping Cart" />
                        and related items under:-

Code:
                        <actinic:variable name="ShoppingCartRelatedProducts" value="Related Products in Shopping Cart" />
                        Cheers

David
                        Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

ah ok..thanks for explaining that.
                          I've never seen a receipt page with anything other than the receipt on it so it hadn't really occurred to me that it could contain anything else although I can see it now I've thought about it.

Thanks!
                          Tracey

Comment

Well it was the forum or the X-Factor, not a hard choice!!!

We use the same principle to stop our right hand column displaying in the checkout, wrapping the above round the entire div. Saves on having to maintain multiple layouts!
                            Cheers

David
                            Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson
                              Well it was the forum or the X-Factor, not a hard choice!!!
                              I did both!

Originally posted by dave_finlayson
                              We use the same principle to stop our right hand column displaying in the checkout, wrapping the above round the entire div. Saves on having to maintain multiple layouts!
                              Absolutely. I've tried (and failed) to do it before, to remove my sidebar bestsellers and new products from checkout pages, but it'd never occurred to me that I could use checkout page names in the condition (dur)...mind you, it was a while ago...that's my excuse...I've learnt a lot since then..including today..yay
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X