Extended Info Preview Button Not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info Preview Button Not showing

Hi, I have managed to remove the extended info page design option from the product in the extended information tab (I actually did this because I wanted the same layout used throughout the store).

But this means I lost the preview button for the extended info pages, I have recheck the box to allow it to be set at product level but it still isn't showing the; ExtendedInfoPageDesign option in the tab on the product (although it is showing it at site level and hence the preview button.

How do I get this back? Any help much appreciated.

Jethro
    Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

have you compacted the database since changing it back?
    Housekeeping > compact databases
    It's definitely worth trying as it cures many evils
    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't help. Any over ideas anyone or had same problem. Support haven't managed to help yet.

Jethro
      Jethro

Comment

where did you change it in the first place?
        I can't find the variable to change it!
        Tracey

Comment

Hi,

In design library, and the extended info layout. I open the extendedinfopagedesign selector, and unchecked the place of setting ofr section and product. This removed the options from the product.

Upon deciding this wasn't the best idea I have undone the changes, but it hasn't put the line back. And hence the preview button. Having look further it isn't showing anything in the white box area were you would normally see the preview button, extended window height and width, etc...

Jethro
          Jethro

Comment

ahh..ok, I didn't find that in my brief scout about before, sorry...was having a dim moment, I think!

If compacting hasn't helped and everything is set the way it was originally then I'm thinking it's another "bug" maybe?...did you say you have it registered with support already?
            Tracey

Comment

I have registered it with support, so will let them run with it, just thought I would ask here incase some else had solved the problem already. Thanks for your input Tracey.

Jethro
              Jethro

Comment

Sorted

Thought I would say I have got this sorted, encase any on else has the problem. It has taken a while though.

It required an export of the stock file and a re-import, with compact and repairs before and after.

The whole thing was made more complicated by the fact that I couldn't do an export, because of a couple of corrupt sections.

Jethro
                Jethro

Comment

Working...
                X