Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Checkout Pages

Hi,

My checkout pages is currently structured to show the prices without VAT and then the VAT is added lower down the page.

This appears to be confusing.

Does anyone know how to change the shopping basket and checkout pages so that the product price to include vat and simply have a vAT line which confirms the amount of VAT included within the total?

Thanks for any help.

You can have a look at the situation at http://www.enjoymuzic.com. Simply add any product to the basket (except sheet music which is Zero rated anyway).

David

why not display both inc and ex vat on the product pages,

SEE HERE

When you then view the cart, you see the individual totals....
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
      why not display both inc and ex vat on the product pages,

SEE HERE

When you then view the cart, you see the individual totals....
      Hi,

This is how our page displays at present but when you start adding in postage and discounts etc it gets very complicated. Customers who buy my products really aren't too concerned about net prices - it's more general retail than business to business.

Thanks

David

Comment

Am I missing something here David

I have viewed a product and it is 15.00gbp (All you need to know about Music & The Internet Revolution) is that inc vat or ext vat?

You can also add a custom message after the price to clarify?
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
          Am I missing something here David

I have viewed a product and it is 15.00gbp (All you need to know about Music & The Internet Revolution) is that inc vat or ext vat?

You can also add a custom message after the price to clarify?
          Hi,

Sorry, I'm probably not being clear.

The price on the product page includes VAT as standard. But in the checkout pages it shows the net price then adds the VAT at the end.

I would prefer to see the price shown on the checkout inclusive of VAT but with the VAT also shown separately but have it stated that the VAT is already included i.e. The total price shown includes VAT of £##.##.

Thanks

David

Comment

Without a script change, I do not think this is possible. The contents of the cart table that is displayed on the checkout pages is generated by a perl script and is not a variable or anything that can be changed in the 'nic.
            "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
            X