How to change description on Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change description on Google

Sorry if this is an obvious question - but When I type "Green Jelly" into Google my website comes up on the search but the description is:

Powered by Actinic Actinic Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software Ecommerce Software Shopping Cart Solutions. © 2006 Green Jelly Contact Us | Privacy Policy ...

How do I change this to a description of my shop? I have tried changing the meta description and the footer but it does not change in the description.

(Also is it possible to change the Actinic footer on the home page or is it there to stay?)

Apologies if this has been asked before but it did not come up in my search.

Thanks,

Sharon
    http://www.jellyonthenet.co.uk/
    Green Jelly - For an eco friendly childhood
    Cloth nappies, accessories & complimentary products

Have you given it time to change, Google doesn't come running the minute you click your fingers?

Comment

Why not!

How long would I typically have to wait?
      http://www.jellyonthenet.co.uk/
      Green Jelly - For an eco friendly childhood
      Cloth nappies, accessories & complimentary products

Comment

Google will find the text it wants to use a its description. This tends to be the text immediately before and after the keyword.

In your case the words Green Jelly only occurs twice on the page, and google has picked up the text before and after the second occurance.

Comment

I read some recent news on this and meta descriptions are going to be used far more now from what i gather. This does of course mean you need to have good ones in place.

As for when it comes to update, piece of string time there. Plan for 3 months, if before then, smile.

Comment

Working...
          X