Allow Customer to Alter Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow Customer to Alter Price

1st post after getting lots of useful info from this forum.

I sell prints and cards at craft fairs and have set up my site to get extra sales, people keep asking do I have a website.

I want to let people order and leave a deposit at craft fair and then pay remainder on the site once the print is ready to post.

I've used an item with the price hidden, and altered the quantity to show a pound sign and whilst this works it then shows a massive quantity in the cart, eg 20 items for one item of £20.
    http://www.photobarn.co.uk/acatalog/...ir_Orders.html

Is there any other way to have a price box which a customer can alter.

I know the site looks really simple, but I wanted to get it working before the Christmas fairs.

Help please
    www.photobarn.co.uk
    Photographic prints and greetings cards

Without going into the potential dangers of allowing customers to dictate the price they pay......

my only suggestion is to price everything as a penny or a pound and then get customers to type in the quantity required....

ie they can buy quantity 15 (if priced at a penny) to give £1.50 or if priced at a pound £15

Comment

I was afraid this would be the method, it is how I have set up the item but I don't like the way it shows as lots of items in the quantity box in the checkout.
      There is only one item like this on the site, all the others are regular priced items.
      www.photobarn.co.uk
      Photographic prints and greetings cards

Comment

I've patched sites before to add this capability.

The customer has an input box where they type the amount they want to pay.

For security reasons the patch only lets this happen on product that have an "Override" variable set - otherwise a hacker could spoof the add-to-cart for any product with an overriden price.

It isn't trivial. Several Perl scripts need altering so you'd have to contact me for a quote.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X