Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please my site has gone bonkers!

Hi,

My site or more specifically some products have gone a bit bonkers and are rendering wrongly http://www.leonpaul.com/acatalog/App...ts.html#aCSG12

It is only some products and it has happened a couple of places in the site... Actinic support tells me it is one of my templates "actinic right product line" but when I change to another it does the same thing

The only customisations I have done recently are to add a second other info button which you can see here: http://www.leonpaul.com/acatalog/Sho...ipment_52.html
    but the new table with the two buttons in it doesn't seem to be in a place that could be causing the problem.

Hiding the products does away with the problem and I have checked and double checked the templates for the troublesome products and they are all set to "parent".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

yowzer....whats your product layout width set at?

(PS like the Apple styled nav bar at the top... )
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Go back to previous snapshot where it was OK and then reapply your changes.

Comment

Your HTML table construct for the products is all over the place.

It alternates between colspan=2 to colspan=3 with rowspans and all sorts in there. It is the reason why your products are laying out very strangely on the page.
        You need to look very closely at the product layouts and any colspans you have defined in your TD's for this page.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Get yourself Firefox and Firebug and you'll easily be able to see what is happening, or get an offline preview open in something like Dreamweaver that will let you examine the HTML and look for invalid HTML nesting etc.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks guys...

If the problem was template based then how would it be manifesting itself only on certain products in certain sections rather than all over the place?

The site has been v8 for 6 months or so with no problems! I don't mind going back to a snapshot but I would rather try to find out what the problem is...

If I know the problem isn't in the "right product line" template because changing to "standard with image on right" doesn't help then which other templates should I be looking in?

TBH although I found the templating system in V8 less powerful it was a LOT less confusing!!

Thanks

Comment

The fact that the design is now staggered may help you diagnose the problem. The table rows may not have been closed correctly in the layouts.
              Peblaco

Comment

Thanks peblaco

I tracked it down to using text links instead of more info buttons for some of my extended info pages!!

I guess my effort at modifying the templates to put a second sadditional info button in http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34292 wern't as successful as I first thought!!

At least I know what the problem is now

Comment

Working...
                X