Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting product records

Hi Guy's,

I need to do an update and was trying to delete records under products in the catalod database. After I deleted some records, it seems to cause actinic to crash after actinic closes and new products/best sellers crashed actinic now also.

Is there a fast way to work with records instead of using actinic to delete records??. All I want to do this way is to delete records.

Thanks!!
    Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

If you are only looking to delete certain products and sections then you could try using the IsDeleted field in hierarchical exports and imports.

Simply place a "1" in the IsDeleted cell, import and do a content purge.

Not sure if a flatfile will give you the IsDeleted field.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

I am not sure what you mean. I want to work in the database with access. Click on the products on the right side and apply a filter on the product description conumn for what I am looking for. It seems that when delete rows under products, it messes up Actinic. see attached

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
      Attached Files
      Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

Comment

Try disabling the marketing lists first. When you delete records the references may still be there in the lists.

Make sure you keep good backups. It would be safer to delete products from within Actinic.

Comment

I'm no expert but as Duncan says, it is almost a certainty that the product references are linked in several tables. This would mean that you would have to delete each record that references the one you delete.

Deleting from within actinic, either manually or via the imports, would be the safest way to delete a record.

Actinic has the ability to export your product and section data from the Access DB to a csv file. I suggest doing an export so that you can see what it gives you.

Alternatively, have a look in the common folder within your sites1 folder and have a look at the sample export files.

Most of the fields are described in the help file. So check there if uncertain about what a specific field is for.
          "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
          X