Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section fragment + product text help required

Just a couple of quick questions,

1. How can I change the layout of a section fragment so that it uses 2 columns instead of 1?

2. The product description text for a site I am developing is inserted into the product layout via a variable called ProductDescription, could someone please tell me where this variable is stored, because I would like to format the aforementioned text.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

To set the amount of coloumns and pretty much any other layout setting. Click on the section page in the content tree and then on the layout tab. You will see a number of options that you can change.

Simarlarly, the product description can be edited by clicking on the product in the content tree. You will see a text box in which to enter your product description (Long Description).

For future reference.

The forum and user manual is full of very helpful tips and solutions. So if you are unsure of something, do a search first. If you cannot find what you require then post.

Welcome and enjoy the 'nic.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by JSnow
      Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

To set the amount of coloumns and pretty much any other layout setting. Click on the section page in the content tree and then on the layout tab. You will see a number of options that you can change.

Simarlarly, the product description can be edited by clicking on the product in the content tree. You will see a text box in which to enter your product description (Long Description).
      First of all thanks for the welcome

There aren't any options for changing the column count of section fragments on the section layout tab.

You seem to be misunderstanding me on the 2nd point, I don't need to know how to edit the description text of a product, what I need to know is where the ProductDescription variable is stored so that I can edit it to change the formatting of all the product descriptions on the site, e.g. to change the text alignment of all the product descriptions from left aligned to fully justified.

Comment

As Jonathan says the answers to your questions are in the user manuals etc and have been posted before on the forum.

Comment

ProductDescription is located in the ActinicCatalog.mdb file. This is the core database behind Actinic and it stores all your products, orders and layouts. Each product has its own ProductDescription and their data is inserted into the design when you use that variable in your deisgns.

This layout/variable positioning is available all over the actinic interface. In the library and in the template editors.

Please, do yourself a favour and rtfm. please.

Disclaimer: I even tell my own mother to rtfm, so keep your hair on.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            As Jonathan says the answers to your questions are in the user manuals etc and have been posted before on the forum.
            Could you possibly post some links to the relevant topics because I can't seem to find them.

Comment

1) In the edit mode preview, click the offending text.
              2) Edit it

Comment

For product description layout. Edit as Gabe has said.

Fragment Coloumn span:
                V7 Post found with one search

Now please, search, RTFM, check the knowledge base and download the advanced users guide.

If you're still stuffed. We will help.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                  1) In the edit mode preview, click the offending text.
                  2) Edit it
                  I finally decided to just wrap the variable with the relevant CSS style, rather than editing 50+ product descriptions one by one.

Originally posted by JSnow
                  Fragment Coloumn span:
                  V7 Post found with one search
                  Thanks for the link but i've come up with my own method.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

Comment

i've come up with my own method
                    Its in the book

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                      Its in the book
                      I know, i'd still rather try out my method though.

Comment

i'd still rather try out my method though
                        No - your method is in the book and on the forum

Comment

BOOM Headshot!

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                            BOOM Headshot!
                            LMFAO

Comment

Working...
                            X