Excluding brochure page from sitemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excluding brochure page from sitemap

I have set my brochure pages to appear in the sitemap. I am currently looking at creating a custom 404 page as a brochure page as recommended in a previous post and using .htaccess etc.

I have found out how to exclude this page form nav bar links and sidebar links, but cannot see how to exclude form sitemap.

Do I need to exclude from sitemap?

If no, not a problem. If yes, does anyone know how?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

I have set my brochure pages to appear in the sitemap
    Without telling us how you've done this, you're limiting replies somewhat.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Page 56 of the AUG.
      This technique will show you how to include a list of the brochure pages in your store into your site map page.
      The first thing you need to do is create a brochure page link layout that is similar in style to the existing links in the site map.
      1. Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and expand the 'Brochure Page Links' group.
      2. Right-click on 'Text Brochure Page Link' and select 'New Layout'.
      3. Give it a name of 'Sitemap Brochure Page Link' and click 'OK'.
      4. Double-click on this layout and replace everything in it with the following code:
      <a href="<actinic:variable name="BrochurePageURL" />">- <actinic:variable name="BrochureName" /></a>
      1. Click 'OK'.
      Next you need to create a brochure page list layout to be inserted in the site map page.
      1. In the library, open the 'Brochure Page Link Lists' group.
      2. Right-click on 'Brochure Page Text Link List' and select 'New Layout'.
      3. Give it a name of 'Sitemap Brochure Page List' and click 'OK'.
      4. Double-click on this new list layout to edit it.
      5. Right-click on the layout selector that is there already and select 'Edit Appearance'.
      1. Change the 'Use Fixed Layout' field to read 'Sitemap Brochure Page Link' and click 'OK'.
      2. Click the 'Edit List Layout Settings' button.
      3. Change to the 'Edit Rows and Columns' tab and replace each instance of '&nbsp;' in the grid with '<br />'.
      1. Click 'OK' and then click 'OK' again to close the layout.
      2. Exit the Library.
      You can now include this new list in the 'Sitemap Page Bulk Area' layout.
      1. In the 'Design' tab, use the 'Select Page Type' list to change the page to 'Site Map'.
      2. Click on one of the site map links in the preview.
      3. Click the 'Navigate to Parent Layout' button - - until you are in the 'Sitemap Page Bulk Area' layout.
      4. Put your cursor in line 2 and click the 'Insert Layout' button -
      5. Insert the 'BrochurePageList' layout selector with a fixed layout of 'Sitemap Brochure Page List'.
      6. Click 'Apply'.
      Your brochure pages will now be listed in the sitemap.
      Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Try this. I'll talk in broad terms and you'll have to work out the exact details from the help.

Create a new Variable called "BrochureInSiteMap" of type True / False that's valid on Brochure pages. Set the default value to be true and Use Parent. This means that it's generally true throughout all brochure pages unless you set it false.

Now amend the code in step 4 above to add a Condition BrochureInSiteMap == true around the code:
        Code:
        <a href="<actinic:variable name="BrochurePageURL" />">- <actinic:variable name="BrochureName" /></a>
        Finally, set property BrochureInSiteMap to false on the page(s) you want to exclude.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That worked. Thank you Norman. There is a similar procedure on page 52 of the AUG called "Stopping Specific Brochure Pages from Appearing in the List" that could be adapted for the sitemap.

P.S. Before I get slated for not looking there first or searching the forum etc I should add that I did try to adapt this procedure before asking for help but I must have done something wrong like wrapping the condition around the wrong piece of code.

Thanks again for your help.
          Regards,

Keith

Comment

Working...
          X