Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin/os000001.pl Querie

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with this. According to google analytics we get many customers getting as far as our checkout, but do not complete the sale. When we enter the following link https://www.edinburghsilvergifts.co....in/os000001.pl
    We get
    A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The input is NULL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

Does anyone know if this is correct, or is this a problem that some of our customers may be having at checkout, and we may be losing sales. We have completed a sale ourselves on our own computers and everything is OK. Is it common for customers to abandon at checkout. Should this URL
    https://www.edinburghsilvergifts.co....in/os000001.pl
    when entered into a browser show our checkout, or the above message.

Many thanks

Hugh

Your checkout process gives you a secure warning, this will be the cause of a lot of your dropouts. Have you tested it yourself to see how offputting it can be? If not, why not.

The url you provide will not work as a link as nothing has been bought, it works on your site when you buy something and decide to checkout. Try buying something and watching the address bar, you will see it appear then. What you are seeing in that area is perfectly normal, the secure warnings on your checkout process is the abnormal thing here and something you should address immediately as it is undoubtedly costing you sales.

I and many others leave sites that cannot get these basic elements right on their checkout, it is very offputting to put your money in the hands of a company that does not even check the buying process out before releasing it.

Comment

if you go straight to the os script you will get the error.

this will not happen in real life as a customer will have been through the shop and added to cart properly

Comment

What you are seeing is normal - you can't directly 'see' that page, out of context as it were.

One thing I noticed is that when going to the checkout I get a message saying some parts are not secure - that will scare many people off.
        In fact you don't need SSL at all - the worldpay site is secure - I would remove SSL completely.

EDIT - quick draw MCGraw there Lee!

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Your checkout process gives you a secure warning, this will be the cause of a lot of your dropouts. Have you tested it yourself to see how offputting it can be? If not, why not.

The url you provide will not work as a link as nothing has been bought, it works on your site when you buy something and decide to checkout. Try buying something and watching the address bar, you will see it appear then. What you are seeing in that area is perfectly normal, the secure warnings on your checkout process is the abnormal thing here and something you should address immediately as it is undoubtedly costing you sales.

I and many others leave sites that cannot get these basic elements right on their checkout, it is very offputting to put your money in the hands of a company that does not even check the buying process out before releasing it.
          Hi Lee,
          Thank you very much for your swift reply. We do not get a security warning when we test our sales process. May I ask you to send a snapshot of this.

Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
            What you are seeing is normal - you can't directly 'see' that page, out of context as it were.

One thing I noticed is that when going to the checkout I get a message saying some parts are not secure - that will scare many people off.
            In fact you don't need SSL at all - the worldpay site is secure - I would remove SSL completely.

EDIT - quick draw MCGraw there Lee!
            Hi Duncan,

May I ask for your help in removing the SSl from Network setup.

Hugh

Comment

Sure thing Hugh, attached below. It looks like it is the images you have added to the page, they need to be relatively referenced. This page appears when i click on 'checkout'.
              Attached Files

Comment

We do not get a security warning when we test our sales process.
                this is probably due to you telling your browser not to show such messages, remove the restriction within your browser and the message will appear

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thank you again for your help. We do not see this message when we go to checkout on our computers, I wonder why? What do you mean by the images added to the page, and relatively referanced?
                  If I removed SSL - which I know I don't need - would this remove the warning. I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Hugh

Comment

If you remove SSL, that will remove the warnings completely yes.

Comment

Hi Jo,

How do I remove the restriction within my browser.

Hugh

Comment

Hi Lee,

May I presume upon your kind assistance once more, and ask how I remove the SSL. I Know SSl is in network setup, but not how to remove safely.

Hugh

Hugh

Comment

SETTINGS | BUSINESS SETTINGS | PAYMENT & SECURITY, towards the bottom left you should see some radio buttons where you switch it on or off. Update the website after you have changed things and should be all done for you.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thank you very much, I have done as you advised. It seems to be uploading - slowly - as if for the first time, I guess this is OK. with such a change. May I ask you, do you know which setting in our browser would allow us to see the warning.

Hugh

Comment

Which browser are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X