Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping product rows when less than 4 items

Hi,

Wondered if anyone could help me - im fairly new to Actinic and working on a new project.

I have been successfully adding products to my site, however im having a problem with my templates.

The sites a bit messy atm, but its getting there. I know there are other layout issues and erros but im focusing on this problem.

Currently the maximum number of products on a row is 4. The products are displayed correctly if there is 4, 8 or 12 products. Im having a problem when a line contains less than 4 products as seen here: http://http://gfc.alphaclient.co.uk/...ic-tables.html

Could anyone please tell me how to stop this from happening so i can fix my design.

Cheers,

Ben.

What would you like the row with less than four products to look like? You tell us that you have a problem but you are mum as to what the actual problem is.

Would you like the images centered? Would you like four cells with the last cell left empty? Specify what you are trying to achieve.

Very nice looking site BTW.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Welcome Ben.

How about changing the layout to add align center to the divs for the image and the text as attached.

(BTW your link is wrong above and should be:
      http://gfc.alphaclient.co.uk/acatalo...ic-tables.html)
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your replies sorry about not explaining my problem correctly.

The attached image represents what I want to achieve.

Basically I don’t want a row to expand to its full width if there are less than 4 products on the row.

For example for a page with 15 products I would want 3 rows of 4 products then the last row to display only three products with a gap to the right as illustrated in the image.

Similarly for a page with 9 products I would want 2 rows of 4 products then the last row to display 1 product with a gap the size of 3 products to the right.

Any ideas on how I could achieve this.

I’m mainly work with html (divs) and css just trying to work out how all the different elements work in actinic.

Cheers, for the help, Ben.
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought that was how they displayed anyway.
          I have a section I'm working on at the minute...4 section links wide..and if there are 10 on the page..the bottom 2 align with the first 2 of the previous rows.

I would say take a look at your section list layout (whichever one you're using..mine is standard subsection list. Your find it in your Design tab)

Click on the orange text "click here to edit list layout settings" and open the "edit rows and columns" tab

What does your "no of items" column say?
          I'm expecting it maybe says "dynamic"?

If you change it to <actinic:variable name="SectionLinkColumnCount" /> and you have your column count for that section (at site level or section level or wherever) as 4, then it should display how you want it.
          Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your response, im nearly there...

I have followed your instructions and achieved this:

http://gfc.alphaclient.co.uk/acatalo...d_frame__.html

I set the no of items in the first row and middle row to:

Code:
            <actinic:variable name="SectionLinkColumnCount" />
            however the last row wouldnt let me enter this value and selecting "Not Used" created the result as shown in the link.

The Values i have available for the last row are:

Code:
            Not used
            Dynamic
            Before i was using dynamic.

Any ideas on how i can solve this, i want to remove the brow extra brown boxes on the right.

thanks for your help so far.

Comment

you can leave the last row as "not used" and it should work ok just using first and middle rows if you use the variable in those two.

Are you saying that, even with the variable in the first and middle rows and "not used" in the bottom, it still didn't display right?
              Tracey

Comment

Its sort of displaying properly however i still have the brown table background appearing to the right after the products end...

The brown background appears for each product, the products are now appearing in the right position but the background is still repeating for a full row width.

where it is brown on the right i want it to appear blank.

As seen here http://gfc.alphaclient.co.uk/acatalo...d_frame__.html

Comment

Originally posted by benji_styler
                  Its sort of displaying properly however i still have the brown table background appearing to the right after the products end...

The brown background appears for each product, the products are now appearing in the right position but the background is still repeating for a full row width.

where it is brown on the right i want it to appear blank.

As seen here http://gfc.alphaclient.co.uk/acatalo...d_frame__.html
                  hmmmm...where is the background coded? Maybe you need to move it from whereever it is, into your "edit rows and columns" code?

That way, cells without products will be completely empty.... I think?
                  I'm kinda hoping someone will jump in here and either agree or disagree with me because I'd hate to think I was giving wrong information
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X