Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css working in preview but not on upload

Hi all..Actinic virgin here
    I was hoping somebody could shed some light on where I'm going wrong with my CSS on this site http://www.amazinghydroponics.co.uk. The site displays fine in page preview in actinic and in preview in DW CS3 (see attached screenshot) but when I update the live site i lose all my background images, when I view source I see that it is looking for my custom stylesheet in acatalog (which i assume is where Actinic moves all CSS sheets by default) and a copy of the sheet sheet is indeed there. I suspect I'm missing something fundamental to how Actinic handles CSS so any help or pointers would be most appreciated
    Attached Files
    The Pretty Dress Company

The easiest to work with DW is to set the DW site to be the Site directory and then keep all your resources in the same Site1 folder.

I think that may help you.

Comment

Sorry Duncan, not sure i get you...
      Basically I created a new site (amazing gardens) in Actinic, copied all the page resources needed for my custom design (inc CSS and all images) into the actinic amazing gardens site folder from dreamweaver, opened up the page design in DW, registered that design with Actinic (it told me to make sure all resources were in the Amazing Gardens folder and CSS sheet was in in the top level) so everything previews correctly in browsers locally and in both Actinic and DW. It's just occured to me that I am using background images for some of my divs...does actinic handle these ok? or are there any z-index issues i need to be aware of?
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

It doesn't look like your background images are in acatalog though.
        eg this one from http://www.amazinghydroponics.co.uk/...og/index.html:
        transparent url(./amgards/green_layout/amazinggardensuppliesmedia/shape1_flat.jpg) no-repeat scroll 0%

Add these files to Site1 as well and change the references in common_style.css.

If need be add these files to the additional files list in Actinic.

Comment

You could also try reading the AUG

Comment

ah...the penny drops and deals me a mild concussion! cheers guys
            The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
            X