Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I knew I shouldn't have touched the code but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew I shouldn't have touched the code but...

I'll admit it now, I didn't know what I was doing and now I've c@cked up.

I was trying to get my fragment to appear above all of my products under a section (a well worn path on the forum). However I appear to have deleted code somewhere as I now have have some fragments appearing on certain pages and some fragments on other pages. Under 'design' I have tried comparing the code for fragment and it appears to be fine, however I think I might have affected something that displays fragments higher up the page.

Any thoughts (he says wimpering).

Thanks,
    Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
    www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

It's probably your section layout you've messd up, rather than your product layout.
    find out which section layout you;re using (you'll be able to tell from your design tab/design tree)
    Go to Design>Library and locate it in the section layouts.
    Revert it to factory (right click to find the option) and see if this fixes the mess for starters
    Tracey

Comment

I still think that multiple `undo's` would be handy (as in Paint Shop Pro) so you can retrace your steps to the sensible bit.

Consider reverting to the factory setting for that bit if its not too customised?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Revert to your last snapshot - assuming you made one before playing!

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          Revert to your last snapshot - assuming you made one before playing!
          Looking at the number of posts i dont recon, not found these valuable lessons yet.

Sometimes its a missing </div> or something similar. I could be a number of silly things like this, as said, revert or load a snapshot.

D

Comment

Thanks Guys,

It appears that I'd messed up the 'Fragment layout using CSS' layout.

As per your instructions I clicked on the tabs: 'Design/Library/Layouts/Fragments/Fragment layout using CSS' right clicking then choosing 'Revert To Factory Settings'.

The site now works a treat with fragments actually appearing where they are meant to.

I have now printed off the 'Advanced User Guide' rather than viewing the PDF every now and again, and is now my 'little boys room' reading material.

P.S Multiple undo's would certainly help.
            Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
            www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

Working...
            X