Page widths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page widths

I have installed a new layout in the right hand sidebar. It looks fine in the section pages but not in the brochure pages, or home page. Here the layout appears in the rh sidebar but is duplicated above the header too.

The only explanation that I can see is that the page width seems to be wider in the section pages and can therefore probably accomodate the layout.

Please help.
    Richard Hodgson
    Fantasy
    www.whatsyourfantasy.co.uk

a URL might help, please
    Tracey

Comment

Page widths

Hi budgetbumps

Thank you for your reply. Your site looks wonderful.

I really do appreciate it because as a beginner I am finding Actinic quite a challenge though it does have some great features.

As I am at the very early stage of design I have not hosted my site yet and therefore have no URL's to offer but I have produced a Word doc which I hope does show you my challenge in a little more detail.

Having just tried to attach the Word doc it is too big for this system. Perhaps I can send it by alternative means e.g. email?

If you need anything else I shall see what I can do to provide it.

Thanks

ki450751
      Richard Hodgson
      Fantasy
      www.whatsyourfantasy.co.uk

Comment

the easiest way is to use ALT-PrtScr to capture your screen, then paste the captured image into a paint programme and then save the resulting file as a jpg file (this format being relatively small and good for everyone to view) - please do not post a BMP file, they are massive and people won't bother towait for it to open up.

then post that picture to the forum,
        clearly you will have to make two captures to show good/bad pages.

Comment

I have not hosted my site yet
          if you contact actinic they will give you some free webspace to test your website on. Too many people build thier site and then load it only to find a whole host of problems which then becomes a complete nightmare to solve.

My advice is to build your site live so you can see the problems before you go too far also the forum can help you much better as they can see the underlying code.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            My advice is to build your site live so you can see the problems before you go too far also the forum can help you much better as they can see the underlying code.
            Sage words Mr S

This is ALWAYS the best policy IMHO...develop in bite (or should I say byte) size chunks to allow simple re-tracing should an issue arise.

Caio
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
            X