product list - max rows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product list - max rows?

Is it possible to stipulate maximum rows as well as maximum columns for the product listing pages?

We just want two rows of three products per page.

Many thanks, especially if I've missed something obvious, but I've trawled around for some time to no avail.

Bob

do you mean splitting a longer list down into 6 per page?
    If so, the only way to do this is manually by creating separate six-product-sections and connecting them with a "next" button (which, I believe, is in the AUG)
    Tracey

Comment

I'm amazed. I really thought that someone would reply to this telling me that I should have set 'product rows per page' or some similar setting and that I should have read the documentation first.

The trouble is that we are a bookshop with hundreds of titles. Splitting them up into bundles of 6 would be a nightmare.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm
        I'm amazed. I really thought that someone would reply to this telling me that I should have set 'product rows per page' or some similar setting and that I should have read the documentation first.

The trouble is that we are a bookshop with hundreds of titles. Splitting them up into bundles of 6 would be a nightmare.

Bob
        well, maybe someone will...and prove me wrong
        Tracey

Comment

You should probably move to one product per section and then have a section layout showing the book cover (3 or 4 side by side), so its like looking at a bookcase and you just click on to choose your book.

Rome was never built in a day, and nor was any successful website.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm

Bob
            hundreds really isn't that many and, once a layout is done, it wouldn't take long to swap from multiple product sections to single product sections, as Lee says, let alone 6 per page.
            Tracey

Comment

Most sites would have a hierearchy of product sections, rather than a simple multi-page list. E.g. Authors A, Authors B, etc or Autobiography, Fiction, Reference.

This is pretty much what customers expect and it help them find the things they want.

Actinic lets you duplicate products so you could have the same book in more than one navigation structure.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X