Product List Tabs e.g. 1-5, 6-10 etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Fergus,

We have been looking for a solution whereby customers could sort by price in either ascending or descending order. Would this lend itself to achieving that?
    John Sollars
    MD at Stinkyink.Com
    Ph 01746 781020
    Fx 01746 781698
    Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

We have been looking for a solution whereby customers could sort by price in either ascending or descending order
      I did something like that in V7 about 2 yesra ago as an exercise. See http://www.drillpine.biz/v7php-test/...c_Products.php

It was a LOT of work to trick V7 into doing this. It should be easier in V8.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Is there any update on this?
        Be defiantly interested in this...
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by sir.chunk
          Is there any update on this?
          Be defiantly interested in this...
          Agreed, if it is an affordable mod which will work with v8 and v9 i would also be interested.

Comment

Yes, i was missing on that day. typical. i miss all the fun things.

ok, seo issues aside:
            loading images dynamically, you should make a div, instead of an image, with the image link as a 'rel' or a title in your div. Then as the script triggers to load show the items, it also triggers the creation of an image in the div, using the 'rel' as its path. This way, you only load the images as their tabs get clicked on.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
              loading images dynamically, you should make a div, instead of an image, with the image link as a 'rel' or a title in your div.
              Hmm - nice addition Gabriel, almost the same suggestion as Norman's
              We'll have a look at implementing that.

SEO issues:
              Again, as per my earlier post #24 the jury is still out.
              Until one of the SE guidelines catagorically state that CSS [display:none] is bad and/or such content does not get indexed, then we are playing a wait and see game.
              Until then, it stands as an example of what can be done within Actinic and might be of use to some people.

If the SEO content of the page is not a priority and usability is, then perhaps it is something you could implement.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

why dont you work out the height of a set of elements, and make a white box, then move the items under it.

your script could re-order the z-order of the items so that your clicked tab makes your page come to the front.

Comment

Working...
                X