Changing Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Images

Hello, my name is Jay and I'm testing out Actinic Trial version as I am looking to develop an online store for my business.

So far, it has been difficult to get to grips with as I dont have much experience in HTML and CSS. I'm really just messing around with it a the moment.

I have a few questions which I would like to ask you.

1) Part of the attraction with actinic is you dont have to build a website from scratch. It has a list of templates to modify. I have deleted some sections in the content tree i.e 'Clothing', 'Sportswear' etc but for some reason they dont dissappear from the tree (Red crosses) although they dont show in the page preview anymore!

2) When I have taken photos of my products, where would I save them to? I cant seem to find a common folder to save product images?

3) I've noticed an Actinic V8 folder in 'My documents'. Is this the Website folder for my website? It seems very unorganised and there are alot of files in there that I dont understand. Can you tell me what I can delete or not?

I remember back in university making a website involved creating html pages and a images folder which was a very simple structure. Would I be able to start from scratch and create a new site folder with just all the elements I need for my site?

Well, I hope I got across my queries. I will describe in more detail if needed.

Thankyou,

John

Originally posted by soupz
    1) Part of the attraction with actinic is you dont have to build a website from scratch. It has a list of templates to modify. I have deleted some sections in the content tree i.e 'Clothing', 'Sportswear' etc but for some reason they dont dissappear from the tree (Red crosses) although they dont show in the page preview anymore!
    Welcome to the forum John.

You need to purge (and compact) the database under Houskeeping. Actinic stores all design data in an Access database and when you select to delete something in Actinic it is just marked for deletion until you purge the data.

2) When I have taken photos of my products, where would I save them to? I cant seem to find a common folder to save product images?
    The folder you found below is where you should save all your site images etc. Keep everything in Siite1 or subfolders of that.

3) I've noticed an Actinic V8 folder in 'My documents'. Is this the Website folder for my website? It seems very unorganised and there are alot of files in there that I dont understand. Can you tell me what I can delete or not?
    Don't delete anything from within the Site1 folder - Actinic needs those files to create and upload your website.

I remember back in university making a website involved creating html pages and a images folder which was a very simple structure. Would I be able to start from scratch and create a new site folder with just all the elements I need for my site?...
    See above but - don't create a new Site1 folder. Actinic does the uploading so don't worry about the extra files that are there they won't be uploaded unless they need to be as part of your site.

Comment

I've noticed an Actinic V8 folder in 'My documents'. Is this the Website folder for my website?
      That folder contains a sub-folder for each site you license. You probably only have one "Site1". This contains all details needed to build a website. It's a good idea not to delete anything there unless you really understand what you're doing.

For your own product images, create a sub-folder of Site1 (say "Images") and keep them in there. This means that you won't have to tinker within the Site1 folder and lessens the chance of accidentally deleting something essential that's there.

An exception to this rule would be for images you use in your design (e.g. credit card accepted logos). Things like this are best kept in the Site1 folder but perhaps name them so they all begin with the same prefix so you can see them all in one place when listing the folder.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just to note that when you place your images into a subfolder they all get lumped into the same folder on the upload server ... subfolders are for back-office housekeeping only to make finding them simpler.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X